PDA

View Full Version : A lost bear in...

Quiet-Lift
10-08-07, 22:16
Hi everyone

I managed to collect some train tickets from London Paddington today. I'm hoping to vist my Mum in Wales next weekend. Hey...I know it's not very exciting and it's only a few miles on the tube...but for someone who rarely strays from his own immediate area? Well...it was a success of sorts.

I'd managed to run every worst-scenario movie you can imagine and had to psyche myself up to even cross the threshold of my flat. The more I hesitated, the more depressed i was becoming. Eventually, I just went and did it...

I never realised how much this phobia had affected my life until i started making excuses to myself, and finding reasons not to go out and meet new challenges. It's effect has been debilitating to say the least.

I try to remember that I'm not the only person who goes through all this. Please reply if you can relate and let me know how you've managed to cope. Any tips for turning mountains back into molehills?

Take care out there

groovygranny
10-08-07, 22:52
Wow, get you Allan!

Had to give you a http://glittertexten.animaatjes.nl/img/i80481036_60146_www-animaatjes-nl.giffor that my friend!!

"I managed to collect some train tickets from London Paddington today. I'm hoping to vist my Mum in Wales next weekend. Hey...I know it's not very exciting and it's only a few miles on the tube...but for someone who rarely strays from his own immediate area? Well...it was a success of sorts."

:shades:Er, excuse me? Listen - It is exciting and it is a success ok ?

So you'd better believe it !!

Tip for turning mountains back into molehills - climb the mountain and when you're at the top looking down, everything looks very small !!

Well done you! Enjoy your trip!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

Quiet-Lift
10-08-07, 22:58
GG...you are the best...and you've made my day in a big and sparkling way!
I do believe it now...oh yes! Thanks for the tip...
Take care sweetheart

kazzie
11-08-07, 00:15
WELL DONE ALLAN:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

honeybee3939
11-08-07, 08:16
I just went and did it
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: way to go Allan !!!!

WELL DONE Allan !! thats great progress for you, proud of you hun !:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Quiet-Lift
11-08-07, 23:56
Thanks for your support Kazzie, Honeybee and Groovygranny (of course)...

Like ships in the night we are and any harbour is well deserved...Really appreciate the replies...

Take care and look after yourselves
:hugs:

kazzie
12-08-07, 00:34
Expect to see your post on sucess stories next week Allan:yesyes:

Hve a fabby time:D

Luv kaz x x x:hugs:

Lindalou64
12-08-07, 14:30
Thats Great Allen Its A Big Success When You Are Agraphobic Some Cant See This But I Can As Being An Agraphobic Person....i Have Come A Long Way Tho Tg.......but It Took Small Steps And Determination To Jfdi...its Hard But I Just Keep Telling My Self Its Only A Feeling And It Shall Pass...and It Does ...just Stay Positive Keep The Faith And Start Out Small And More And More As Time Goes On...i Wish Ya The Best........linda X

Quiet-Lift
14-08-07, 00:46
Thanks Linda...I've been using the positive self talk too and it does help, though it can be distracting...Take care and keep up with your progress too
xx

Quiet-Lift
14-08-07, 00:49
Expect to see your post on sucess stories next week Allan:yesyes:

Hve a fabby time:D

Luv kaz x x x:hugs:
You've set the challenge Kaz...I'll do my best to meet it...next week it is then...First Great Western here we come...

Take care xxx

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:24
Allan

Well done for doing it despite it being hard :yesyes: :yesyes:

trac67
17-08-07, 20:24
WELL DONE !!!!!

you did so well, keep up the good work

love

Trac xxx