PDA

View Full Version : swapping seroxat to citalopram

raverbaby
11-08-07, 16:42
hey there im on 30mg of seroxat, and have just run out. however i have found 20mg of citalopram that ive never used.
my question is what would happen if i switched to citalopram?

i dont have a doctors at the moment as i have moved. my old doctors are aware that i have moved also and said i need to find a new doctors....

do i just swap my meds, or should i make an emergency appointment with my old doctors and explain whats happened?
oh and ive had to give up my job as i couldnt cope with it http://www.seroxatmad.co.uk/forum/img/smilies/sad.png

pete69
11-08-07, 17:09
have u just the one citalopram tab? it wouldnt do any harm after all they are all ssris, i wouldnt worry to much,u need to get the gp thing sorted asap thou if your low on meds.withdrawal from ssris aint fun if u have been on em a while
good luck
pedro

p.s im asuming reading again your post you have a month or so supply of them so i would take them u might have slight diff side effects as they r stronger in my opinion but they are all the same class of med so wont clash

Quirky
11-08-07, 17:19
Hi there,

Personally I'd get some medical advice before doing that. If you don't have a doctor you could call NHS direct for advice. Failing that call your old surgery, or a surgery near where you live now - they all have doctors on call during the weekend and I'm sure one of them could advise you over the phone even if you're not registered there.

Good luck,

Lisa x

raverbaby
11-08-07, 18:54
have u just the one citalopram tab? it wouldnt do any harm after all they are all ssris, i wouldnt worry to much,u need to get the gp thing sorted asap thou if your low on meds.withdrawal from ssris aint fun if u have been on em a while
good luck
pedro

p.s im asuming reading again your post you have a month or so supply of them so i would take them u might have slight diff side effects as they r stronger in my opinion but they are all the same class of med so wont clash

ur right i have a months supply, well 2 blister packs
gonna see the doc on monday if i can