PDA

View Full Version : Still worried about petechiae!

Seany
20-07-18, 14:14
So i've had these random dots of petechiae for the past 3 or 4 weeks on my arms, chest and stomach, i was so worried i went to my gp 3 times, eventually he agreed to do a blood test to check for leukemia as i was panicking, thankfully the blood test came back clear and my doctor told me to stop worrying about them, but i am still getting these red dots all over my arms. What could be causing them? Is there any chance my blood test was wrong? I cant stop worrying about them :(

Wolma11
20-07-18, 14:29
I had the same exact worry as you about a month ago. The little red dots are caused from the sun, I have them all over my arms and a few on my chest and legs. They’re nothing to worry about

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Also never google your symptoms! Google will always show you the worst thing. Whenever you feel the urge to google something just shut off your phone and put it away for a few minutes, I know it’s tough but googling is just going to make you panic more. I did the same thing as you and went fully panic mode for a couple weeks only to find out it was nothing.

Seany
20-07-18, 14:41
I had the same exact worry as you about a month ago. The little red dots are caused from the sun, I have them all over my arms and a few on my chest and legs. They’re nothing to worry about

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Also never google your symptoms! Google will always show you the worst thing. Whenever you feel the urge to google something just shut off your phone and put it away for a few minutes, I know it’s tough but googling is just going to make you panic more. I did the same thing as you and went fully panic mode for a couple weeks only to find out it was nothing.

Thanks for replying! I didn't know the sun could cause them, are your spots flat and dont fade away under a glass? everything online seems to point to it being related to something serious! I know looking on google is the worst thing to do but sometimes i cant help myself, guess i'll just have to try my best to stay off it!