PDA

View Full Version : Brain aneurysm - help - thunderclap

jules321
20-07-18, 14:53
I just had something really weird happen. Should I go to ER? I know I shouldn’t ask for reassurance but all bets are off right now.

I was deep asleep in the wee hours of the morning having a dream about my house getting on fire. I was trying to pack stuff up inside frantically while firefighters were trying to save it on the outside. Then I heard a loud crack/gunshot noise and in my dream I thought “oh no the house is cracking and about to fall apart” but then it was like a waking part of me told my dream self “no wake up it’s not a dream that noise was from you head and means you’re in danger wake up!”

So I shot awake and remember the 2 articles I read years ago about Sharon Stone and some other rocker who described similar loud noises when they had a brain aneurysm. I then noticed that a particular spot on the right side of my head feels a little funny like a mild headache or tingling or something.

I’m 45yo but even called my parents across town waking them up saying I think they need to come over to watch my child so I can go to ER. They told me to calm down and call a doctor first. :)

So I did a video call with my doc office and spoke to nurse who told me I’m ok and to take Advil for my slight headache. She said I’d be having severe headache and severe neurological problems right now if I was having a brain aneurysm instead of talking and functioning normally.

Anyway I’m still shaken. This all began about 30mins ago. The right side of my head is getting a little worse headache now - but that doesn’t seem to fit a “thunderclap headache” which google says (I know I know) gets horribly severe within seconds to minutes.”

I’m scared though! I hate hospitals and doctors but don’t want to not go to ER if I should...???

eminence
20-07-18, 18:18
That sounds like exploding head syndrome. It sounds silly but it's a real sleep phenomenon. Thankfully it's harmless.