PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack over stool color

Lunabell
21-07-18, 00:38
Since Monday, my stool have been green. I haven't been eating more leafy greens than normal, eating the same amount I always do. Not consuming anything with green or blue dye and not taking iron supplements. I fear cancer, gallbladder or liver issues.

I don't know how to calm down until I can get in to see the doctor.

fbmb
21-07-18, 03:17
Green stools aren’t abnormal. Abnormal stools are: yellow, white, clay colored, and black.

Yellow aren’t REALLY abnormal, but they can be a sign that you’re not digesting fats well.
White and clay colored are abnormal because it’s a sign you’re not producing enough bile.
Black is abnormal because it can be a sign of blood from up high in the digestive system, like an ulcer.

I see a gastroenterologist and he told me this because I am obsessed. He said stool color is almost always diet related and that unless something weird persists for several days it’s not concerning. And again, green isn’t concerning. My doctor said he usually only worries if they are persistently black or white.

nomorepanic
21-07-18, 12:30
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

KK77
21-07-18, 12:38
Green stools aren’t abnormal. Abnormal stools are: yellow, white, clay colored, and black.

Yellow aren’t REALLY abnormal, but they can be a sign that you’re not digesting fats well.
White and clay colored are abnormal because it’s a sign you’re not producing enough bile.
Black is abnormal because it can be a sign of blood from up high in the digestive system, like an ulcer.

I see a gastroenterologist and he told me this because I am obsessed. He said stool color is almost always diet related and that unless something weird persists for several days it’s not concerning. And again, green isn’t concerning. My doctor said he usually only worries if they are persistently black or white.

I see a lot of members worrying about colour of their poo so that's very useful to refer to.