PDA

View Full Version : Talking in my sleep

bearcrazy
11-08-07, 22:21
I have recently started taking a new med called mianserin. I have sterted talking in my sleep about weird things. Sometimes I have no recollection of what i have said, but sometimes I know what I am saying even though I am asleep. I have never done this before. Has it happened to anyone else? :wacko:

happyone
12-08-07, 09:05
I have talked in my sleep most of my life, more so if I am stressed.
When I first started on Citalopram I would sit up and shout something like
"LNVYDVHJGUYGU GOYGUKLOUH:I UHPIUH:?:OIJOJU@JVGFD^Y!!!!!!" (this is a literal translation:winks: )
no seriously, I would shout gobbledegook but it eased off.

Happyone
xx

Insomniac
13-08-07, 20:54
Hi Bear

Since starting seroxat, I have had the most vivid dreams. Strange but so realistic and vivid that they really stay with me when I wake up! My hubby says that sometimes it sounds like I'm trying to shout out or having bad dreams.

Have to say I don't get them so often now as I did when I started, which is a relief. I suppose if the meds do things to make our brain function different/better that could affect our dreams at first. Probably be fine once you've got used to them a bit more.:winks:

bearcrazy
14-08-07, 10:47
Hi Insomniac,

My GP said that seroxat does make you dream and increases your brain activity, thats why you have to take it in the morning. I also used to have vivid dreams when i was on prozac. I think because they are so vivid you remember them more.

:hugs:

beauty
14-08-07, 12:39
Dont worry, ive had this all my life so i guess im used to it..i sometimes shout stuff in my sleep mainly when im on holiday and apprently it usually is rubbish that im saying, like not even english lol If you've never done it before then it maybe is to do with medication but dont let it worry you : )