PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old son

Drisque
23-07-18, 03:53
It's been a while since I've posted a new thread here, but I'm worried sick over my children's health. Just yesterday my son was sitting on my lap and I noticed the area right behind his jaw and directly under his ear was a bit raised, so I felt around and felt a pretty large moveable lymph node... I panicked! Silently, of course. I told my wife about it and how we should get it checked out, but she thinks I'm crazy, and to her credit I can be at times regarding health issues, but I feel like this isn't something to mess around with.

Fast forward to today (over 24 hours later) and my son now has a low grade fever, a headache and is very tired.. no sore throat, no cough, no cold or flu, presumably. I don't know what to do or how to react to this. My kids are the world to me and now one has a very enlarged lymph node with a fever and fatigue (lymphoma worry) and the other has leg pain most nights (leukemia worry)

HullSimplibus
23-07-18, 07:12
It's been a while since I've posted a new thread here, but I'm worried sick over my children's health. Just yesterday my son was sitting on my lap and I noticed the area right behind his jaw and directly under his ear was a bit raised, so I felt around and felt a pretty large moveable lymph node... I panicked! Silently, of course. I told my wife about it and how we should get it checked out, but she thinks I'm crazy, and to her credit I can be at times regarding health issues, but I feel like this isn't something to mess around with.

Fast forward to today (over 24 hours later) and my son now has a low grade fever, a headache and is very tired.. no sore throat, no cough, no cold or flu, presumably. I don't know what to do or how to react to this. My kids are the world to me and now one has a very enlarged lymph node with a fever and fatigue (lymphoma worry) and the other has leg pain most nights (leukemia worry)

I'm no doctor at all, but it is highly unlikely that it is cancer, considering his age.

Lumps can be caused by all sorts of things. Is your son allergic to anything that he might of ate/drank? I'm pretty sure that can cause lumps on lymph nodes and fever, fatigue and pains.

Though, if it worries you that much, I think that it is best you have your son checked over by a doctor. By saying this, i'm not saying I think its something serious, i'm just thinking of things that might be able to put your mind at rest.

I hope your son gets better and the lump goes down :)