PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety is at it again..Paracetamol poisoning...

HullSimplibus
23-07-18, 06:43
Well, I know I sound paranoid, but I over-worry about my health, so let me explain.

Yesterday, I came down with a cough, (yes, a cough, in summer), and had a sore throat and nose. I decided to take a lozenge, and I ate 3 of them, and they all were 2.4mg (I presume 2.4mg paracetamol), and then later in the day, I took 2 teaspoons of paracetamol syrup, because the 3 of those lozenges I had left were the last ones.

Then I looked on the back of the bottle, and it said 'Do not take with other paracetamol products in the same day'.

Well, the first thing that came up in my head was 'OH MY GOD I'M GONNA GET PARACETAMOL POISONING', and now i'm here thinking that i'm gonna die.

Another thing, i'm afraid of posting it on here, because I think that people will think that i'm making it up because I get a lot of worries about health.

MRS STRESS ED
23-07-18, 07:36
first people here wouldn't think you're making it up we all understand your fears so get that out of your head straight away.

secondly if it is just a lozenges and two spoons of paracetamol l hardly think you're going to get poisoning, just be be careful read package before taking it but stop panicking you be fine l taken paracetamol and lozenges too :hugs:

HullSimplibus
23-07-18, 08:26
first people here wouldn't think you're making it up we all understand your fears so get that out of your head straight away.

secondly if it is just a lozenges and two spoons of paracetamol l hardly think you're going to get poisoning, just be be careful read package before taking it but stop panicking you be fine l taken paracetamol and lozenges too :hugs:

Thanks for the reply.

I will read the packaging next time, and maybe I will save myself a lot of panicking :)