PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the house

Tessa07
12-08-07, 03:40
Hi, my name is Tessa. I'm 18 and I've always been suffering from a depression that I think I've ignored for too long. It wasnt until I stressed my self out to the point of exhaustion in my senior year of high school that I'm now regretting not taking proper care of myself.

I keep seeing something similar to a migraine aura only its been ongoing and I've had it for almost a month. I see flashes, afterimages, static (visual snow), more floaters, and I'm sensitive to light and sounds. Now I hear ringing in my ears! Can someone tell me if this is normal and can be treated? I cant sleep at night! I keep fearing that I'm going blind or will be stuck like this forever!

Anyhow, enough with my problems, I cant wait to get to know everyone here. :yesyes:

Lindalou64
12-08-07, 09:05
Hi Tessa, Well If Your Getting Migranes Sure.have You Told Your Doc And Has He Done Anything For You Like Mri Ect.....let Us Know Ok And Welcome.............linda

groovygranny
12-08-07, 10:50
Hello Tessa:welcome:to you!

I too suffer from migraine (although not as much as I used to) and I sometimes get the zig-zaggy aura when I'm particularly stressed - and yes, it does seem as if there are 'blind' spots in my vision. My eyes are also very sensitive to sunlight.

I'm sure this is all to do with stress etc. but, as Linda says, I'd go and see the doctor just to put your mind at rest.

Take care, you'll get plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

manmoor
12-08-07, 11:54
Hi Tessa,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Tessa07
12-08-07, 15:42
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes. ^_~ All of your words encourage me, especially since I had a horrible panic attack last night. :wacko:

I went to a doctor, and he only did bloodwork on me (turns out I'm completely healthy! Thank god) but he wants to check my stress hormones level. Maybe he thinks its stress too? Hopefully thats all it is, it would indeed rest my nerves a little. It is weird how this gradually started around the time when my uncle died (I was in shock for a weeks), when I started to become unhappy with my job, and just before Graduation. Then it got worse and worse while I was on vacation. It could be before-college jitters (?). I keep thinking of "what I'm going to do with my life now" and I stress about that a lot. GAH! Now I'm stressing over my old stress. :D *tries to stay calma and cool* :shades:

honeybee3939
12-08-07, 15:52
Hi Tessa

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
12-08-07, 20:52
Hi Tessa and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I too get disturbed vision sometimes because of stress in the form of a blind spot or a sparkly light. When I was at uni me and my friends were all wondering what to do next too so that's a normal worry as well. I'm sure you'll find your niche as I'm a firm believer we all have one.

Take care,

Mike

trac67
12-08-07, 20:56
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kazzie
12-08-07, 21:24
A BIG WELCOME Tessa:D

Luv Kaz x

nomorepanic
13-08-07, 19:11
Tessa

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.