PDA

View Full Version : Bloody HA! Blood clot fears

Shivmarie
24-07-18, 16:01
Hi guys haven’t posted in a while but I’m like so close to calling 111. I just wondered if anyone had experience with muscle cramps? I woke up yesterday and was in pain with a leg cramp it lasted about 30 seconds and started to ease. I could feel the stiffness and pain but seem to ease when I went food shopping etc. I woke up today and it’s still sore and tender, there is no swelling, no redness or bruised skin and doesn’t feel partially warm to touch but I didn’t know it it’s normal to still have tenderness and pain (especially going down the stairs) was normal for a day or so after? I’ve tried deep heat on it and doesn’t seem to have helped. I can weight bear and that but it’s super annoying and I don’t know what else to do because obviously I’m thinking the worst.

utrocket09
24-07-18, 16:12
Hi guys haven’t posted in a while but I’m like so close to calling 111. I just wondered if anyone had experience with muscle cramps? I woke up yesterday and was in pain with a leg cramp it lasted about 30 seconds and started to ease. I could feel the stiffness and pain but seem to ease when I went food shopping etc. I woke up today and it’s still sore and tender, there is no swelling, no redness or bruised skin and doesn’t feel partially warm to touch but I didn’t know it it’s normal to still have tenderness and pain (especially going down the stairs) was normal for a day or so after? I’ve tried deep heat on it and doesn’t seem to have helped. I can weight bear and that but it’s super annoying and I don’t know what else to do because obviously I’m thinking the worst.

Blood clots do not have subtle symptoms. If you had a clot, you would know it. It would be warm, tender and you would not be able to walk.

Shivmarie
24-07-18, 16:21
This is what I thought! I seen on nhs that if it were cramp it goes after 24 hours but it’s stoll here. Tried rationalising it but anxiety is high as it is so this is just really annoying me. Thanks though.

AlexandriaUK
26-07-18, 11:58
Hi I have only had cramp in my calf once thank goodness, it lasted a good half an hour and shot me out of bed like a rocket.
Three days later I went dr's because it felt v painful and tight, she checked it all over and said that it definitely wasn't a blood clot and was just the muscles reaction to the cramps.
I get it in my toes and round the ankles and that can hurt for days but as usual I don't fixate on it their it was because it was my calf.

I want say don't worry because we all do even when we find it's nothing sinister.

ErinKC
26-07-18, 23:47
I'm right here with you on the blood clots. I hate this freaking fear. I've had bad sciatica for about 2 weeks and today it's feeling just awful and getting me so worked up. I've even been to the ER in the past for an ultrasound to convince me I was fine, and I'm really trying to hold off on doing that right now. Mostly I just feel really sad that after so long my anxiety is back.