PDA

View Full Version : Appitite

MikeyT
03-01-05, 15:09
From my previous post about my anxiety re-occurring over Christmas,, the beta blockers my GP has prescribed are taking effect, still want to stay in bed or just read or watch TV. Being self-employed finding motavation to work difficult. (Work from home as a graphic designer), so really cannot just be off sick. Plus my customers will all be starting back tomorrow.
Looking at ways to decrease the hours I have been working.
But the main thing is that I have no appetite at all - I did need to loose weight, but like this was not what I had in mind. At the moment finding it difficult to eat anything that is not really bland.
Anyone else feel like this - drinking loads of water etc.

lainey
03-01-05, 18:54
Hi Mikey

When my anxiety first started I found it extremely hard to eat anything, even bland food was an effort. I lost 21 lbs in weight and have managed to keep it off thank god ! lol

It's just another way that anxiety affects us mate, keep drinking the water as it's good for you. I drink a lot of water too, but always have done , your appetite will soon be on the up once normality with work starts to kick back in.

Take care mate

Elaine x

nomorepanic
03-01-05, 18:54
Hi Mikey

I am afraid that I was the opposite to you and put on over 2 stone whilst on meds so I must have had a good appetite.

I know that quite a few people on here have ssaid that they have bad appetites so I am sure a few will reply to you.

The meds could take a few weeks to have full effect so stick with them ok?

Nicola

vernon
03-01-05, 19:29
hi Mikey. happy new year. I was like that for months abput 12 months ago. I realy didnt want to eat nothing and like u forced myself to just eat real bland foods just cos i knew i had to eat. I lost about a stone in weight and like u wanted to lose a bit of tummy but not like that. I got weak and always tired, then it changed the other way started eating to much(but not mornings) Thats still my worst time. I think its just another symtom of anxiety and it will go in time, then u will be over eating again. take care Vernon

Sarah-Jane
09-01-05, 20:22
ive always loved my food in the past too but now i eat cos i have to to live eating also makes me sick sometimes too i can say now oh i fancy so and so cook it and when it comes to eat it take a few mouthfulls and leave the rest. am not loosing weight though lol wish i could. The feeling sick and being sick scares me too cos when im sick makes me think i cant breathe and i panic too.

what a bloody state to get into just hope things improve soon xxxx

Love Sarah-jane xxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx