PDA

View Full Version : Eye twitch driving me crazy!

Librella
25-07-18, 15:54
Yeah, I know there are a million threads on this one, but I need to vent. My eye has been twitching for DAYS now, nonstop. It started a couple of weeks ago, both of my eyes were twitching beause I was sleep deprived. I caught up on sleep but my right eye is still twitching. The muscle right under my eye is spasming and you can see it fluttering clearly. Sometimes I feel like the other eye is twitching (much less though) or like other muscles in my face are "jumpy". And my eye is just tired from constant movement for 4 days now.
I have a job interview on Friday and I don't want them to think I'm a weird twitchy person.
I know it's probably anxiety but I was actually feeling better for a few days, not that anxious. NOW I'm anxious about this. What if it's a neurological disorder or something. How can I get it to go away??? I have tried eye drops, drinking a lot of water, taking a nap, cold washcloth over my face...nothing helps.

Kingdawson
25-07-18, 18:51
I had an eye twitch last 3 months. Every day for 3 months it would twitch (originally my top right eyelid but some days bottom left). Nothing stopped it but then one day I tried CBD oil and it went the next day which I was shocked about.

Eye twitches are nothing at all to worry about.

jray23
25-07-18, 19:29
Technically it doesn't even have to be "anxiety". Stress in general can cause it, so said my eye doctor when mine was twiching a lot a few years ago. She wasn't the least bit worried.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

julieta79
25-07-18, 19:49
I had nasty eye twitch that lasted 6 months! Even dr google will tell you that eye twitch is NEVER neurological problem. The only time you worry is if eye twitch and face twitch happen at the same time. I truly believed this twitch won't stop...it was soo long. And then one day it was gone. Seriously, don't worry about that one. It must be the only "condition" that even dr google told me it can't be anything bad. def NOT MS.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Oh I forgot...drink LOTS of tonic water. Like two bottles. It helps with eye twitch. Heard from Eye dr

Librella
25-07-18, 20:01
That sounds awful julieta, I'm glad it went away!

I'm going to drink some water now. And I might have to try the CBD oil if this keeps up.

Kingdawson
25-07-18, 21:04
I had nasty eye twitch that lasted 6 months! Even dr google will tell you that eye twitch is NEVER neurological problem. The only time you worry is if eye twitch and face twitch happen at the same time. I truly believed this twitch won't stop...it was soo long. And then one day it was gone. Seriously, don't worry about that one. It must be the only "condition" that even dr google told me it can't be anything bad. def NOT MS.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Oh I forgot...drink LOTS of tonic water. Like two bottles. It helps with eye twitch. Heard from Eye dr

Why would you worry if eye and face twitch happen at same time?

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Technically it doesn't even have to be "anxiety". Stress in general can cause it, so said my eye doctor when mine was twiching a lot a few years ago. She wasn't the least bit worried.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Stress and anxiety generally cause the same symptoms and go hand in hand.

julieta79
25-07-18, 21:39
You are going into HA here. Face twitch and eye twitch needs to be evaluated, can be neurological. Like your skin visibly twitching when you look in the mirror. If both eye AND face twicthes are present, this is real and needs to be evaluated