PDA

View Full Version : Going to doc in a few hours--very nervous

coastgirl
25-07-18, 18:04
I made an appointment to see the Nurse Practitioner (MD wasn't available so soon) to address this annoying back pain I've been having. It's on my lower left side and it's an odd pain, can't tell if it's muscular or something internal. I'm 34 and I'm so worried it's going to be pancreatic/kidney/bowel cancer.

I'm starting to feel extremely anxious. I'm so scared they're going to find something very wrong. It's been bugging me for a month and now I'm worried I waited too long to get it checked out.

I once went to the dermatologist after freaking out about a mole on my face and while the one I was worried about was fine, they had also biopsied another white bump and it turned out to be basal cell carcinoma and I went into full on hysteria. So, because I got a "result" out of being worried (it really wasn't what i was worried about, I was more worried about melanoma, but it had the C word) my anxiety has NOT been helped very much.

I know basal cell is basically harmless and if I had another one I wouldn't be worried so much as annoyed that I had to get it removed. But the confirmation of fears has made an already bad health anxiety situation worse. I've had health anxiety since I was very young, as well as generalized anxiety disorder.

I live on the other side of the country from my parents and I'm single and I just feel all alone right now :/

Scass
25-07-18, 18:36
Well good luck! It’s a good thing that you made the appointment instead of stewing on it. Let us know what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk