PDA

View Full Version : Light brown skin patch

AnxietyGirl30
25-07-18, 18:23
Hi everyone,

I have really bad HA and it’s at an all time high at the moment. The new worry is something I recently discovered after having a shower. On my right shoulder there is a light brown patch on my skin. I’ve never seen it before and is where my bra strap sits. I don’t go out in the sun and I’m very white so I’m not a fan of sun bathing or anything like that. I am really worried about it, the link below is to a photo of it

https://ibb.co/hJxveT

Scass
25-07-18, 19:48
Perhaps it’s from your bra strap friction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnxietyGirl30
25-07-18, 19:59
Yeah that’s what I thought but because of my HA my mind is thinking other things :(

Scass
25-07-18, 20:34
What kind of other things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnxietyGirl30
25-07-18, 20:58
Like skin cancer :’( I’m so frightened

AnxietyGirl30
26-07-18, 08:43
I called the doctors to try and get an appointment but here were none so I can only get a call back this evening :( I really wanted to see a doctor face to face as there are a number of things I need to talk about not just the light brown patch I discovered. Now I have to just sit and wait feeling terrified. How will they determine what the patch is without seeing me this is so frustrating :(

WiseMonkey
26-07-18, 08:54
Hi everyone,

I have really bad HA and it’s at an all time high at the moment. The new worry is something I recently discovered after having a shower. On my right shoulder there is a light brown patch on my skin. I’ve never seen it before and is where my bra strap sits. I don’t go out in the sun and I’m very white so I’m not a fan of sun bathing or anything like that. I am really worried about it, the link below is to a photo of it

https://ibb.co/hJxveT

My daughter has developed a couple of light brown patches on her face and we think it's hormonally related. She is 33 and is estrogen dominant. It's certainly NOT skin cancer.

AnxietyGirl30
26-07-18, 09:45
Thank you for your reply I really hope it’s not skin cancer, I am so bad with health anxiety and I can’t shift it at all it’s really ruining my life, I feel like I’m just waiting to die :( I don’t even want to think about death I just want to have a normal life where I can wake up without fear in the morning :(

AnxietyGirl30
27-07-18, 09:07
I’ve made a doctors appointment for this afternoon, I am so petrified that it’s skin cancer. It’s so unfair because I hardly ever go out in the sun :( I’m so scared I’m gonna die when I have 2 kids :(

Fishmanpa
27-07-18, 12:43
"Told Ya So Gang" on standby ;) My money is on a normal skin pigmentation change.

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
27-07-18, 15:08
Hope so fishmanpa :) you have been right with most people on here so far!

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Last night I wrote down every single worry and concern I’ve had:

Nov 2017 - brown line on toenail (I thought cancer) turned out to be benign
December 2017 - anxiety over moles (melanoma fear) turned out all ok
January 2018 - lymph nodes (lymphoma fear) went away after 8 weeks
March 2018 - white spot in mouth (mouth cancer) went after a few days
April 2018 - lump on collar bone (lymphoma again) it was a spot
April 2018 - earache (convinced myself ear had swollen) pain went after a day
May 2018 - swollen lymph node (lymphoma) it was a spot
May 2018 - lump in throat sensation (throat cancer) turned out to be globus brought on by anxiety!
June 2018 - red spot on breast (breast cancer) was literally just a spot
June 2018 - sharp breast pain (breast cancer) was just pains they eventually went away
July 2018 - lump in neck (lymphoma) still present have been told my doctor it’s ok and it’s actually my neck muscle
July 2018 - light brown patch on shoulder (skin cancer) still present but turns out it’s a sun spot
August 2018 - ulcer side of mouth (mouth cancer) don’t know how I came to this conclusion when I knew I had bit the side of my mouth when eating a mint, took just over a week to disappear
August 2018 - raised bump on vagina (cancer) it was an irritated follicle, went down after 2 days
August 2018 - neck lump (lymphoma) still my ongoing concern even though I’ve been told 3 times all is fine :(
---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

[/COLOR]Fishmanpa you can say told ya so now, doc said it is a sun spot gave me some cream to maybe help it go away if not it’s not dangerous just look after myself in the sun with sun cream and only go to the docs if it gets really dark or nasty looking. I also got him to check my neck because of my lymphnode fear he couldn’t feel any nodes and said it’s a muscle! I feel so relieved! Last time I was at docs was 10 days ago he said :( not goood I need to stop

Fishmanpa
27-07-18, 15:35
Here you go! :winks:

https://media.giphy.com/media/BFso1JvotkzKaesCBZ/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

Graceski
27-07-18, 19:14
Hey, i get patches just like these on my chest, neck and stomach occasionally. For me it's a type of fungal skin injection - which is harmless and goes away with cream with steroid in which you can buy over the counter or GP can prescribed. Anti dandruff shampoo works on it too!

It appears on places that will get warm so like around my bra, on my back, creases of my elbow. Anywhere I can sweat really!

It's unpleasant to look at but harmless. It might be something like that.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

oh just saw you said it was a sunspot! nothing to worry about :)

AnxietyGirl30
27-07-18, 19:20
Hi thank you for your reply anyway :) my doctor gave me some cream he said it might get rid of it but if not it’s ok anyway not harmful to me.

AnxietyGirl30
14-08-18, 13:17
I’m here again guys still worrying about the same thing with my neck lump. I’ve had it for just over a month now, it doesn’t cause me pain and hasn’t grown in size. Ive got a doctors appointment Thursday because I need reassurance I also need help with my anxiety I really think I need medication.
I’m also thinking about a cervical screening test that will be due in October, in the uk women have them every 3 years. I’ve had two before and everything came back fine but this time I’m petrified just thinking about it :( I’m so not looking forward to it and I know when I have it and have to wait two weeks it’s going to be hell for me :( why can’t I just be a chill person and not worry about anything. It’s too much I just want to be able to enjoy my life. I just needed to come somewhere to vent :( it helps me to get it all out as I have nobody to talk to.

AnxietyGirl30
15-08-18, 14:19
So tomorrow i have a doctors appointment for my neck again because i'm starting to worry again :( i have been checked by two different doctors and neither are concerned so i'm not sure what i'm expecting from the appointment. I really think i need medication to control the way i am constantly feeling, i don't want to go on like this for much longer. I have had CBT but for me this did not work, it made me feel worse every time i left.
It is so weird how this HA has just come about and won't go away. Before this i had lumps and i wouldn't even freak over them, for example i had a lump on my wrist and it turned out to be a ganglion cyst nothing to worry about but if i found something like that now with this HA i would be sure it was some kind of cancer and i was about to die. I used to get ulcers in my mouth all the time really big sore ones, i never gave them a second thought before HA, now i freak out over every ulcer i get even when i know i have bitten my cheek and its appeared. Things on my body i've had for years and didnt bother me, now scare me its just so insane what the brain can do. I just wish i could be myself again but its so hard.

Weasley123
15-08-18, 15:17
It’s not skin cancer I gave constant red abs browb patches from bra straps and heavy bags. Literally everything marked my skin I have a new spot or freckle daily I try not too look

AnxietyGirl30
15-08-18, 21:54
I’m not worried about my skin patch I’m worrying about a lump in my neck