PDA

View Full Version : perpetually sick in winter - anyone else?

tan235
26-07-18, 02:47
Hi guys!
So since June I've been ill. A cold, sinus congestion you name it and now JULY - end of July I'm still Ill!

That's two months!! I feel like I'm always sick in Winter and I can't seem to shake it - anyone else get like this?
I was just at the dr's two days ago - he checked everything and said it's just viral = lungs clear, I guess if i had pneumonia he'd know?
What's going on - why can't I shake it???

WiseMonkey
26-07-18, 05:14
Hi guys!
So since June I've been ill. A cold, sinus congestion you name it and now JULY - end of July I'm still Ill!

That's two months!! I feel like I'm always sick in Winter and I can't seem to shake it - anyone else get like this?
I was just at the dr's two days ago - he checked everything and said it's just viral = lungs clear, I guess if i had pneumonia he'd know?
What's going on - why can't I shake it???

Hi Tan, it's likely an immune response that's making virus's drag on so long. When I get a cold it usually goes to my sinus and then I get antibiotics (usually doxycycline) as it suits me and has immune suppressant effect. Coughs can last months for me, often up to 4 months. As summer approaches I get a lot better, I'm not teaching and am on holiday.

Yep if you had pneumonia the Dr would know (and so would you). Your lungs would be making all sorts of noises.

Drink plenty of water, grab as much sun as you can, go for a walk and get lots of sleep. Take care :)