PDA

View Full Version : Knee and Ankle pain

BrokenAge
26-07-18, 08:21
My right knee has been hurting for a while now. It first started when I was sitting in an office chair all day. I assumed it was from being bent all day so I started moving around more and not sitting all day and it went away. The pain came back and now a new pain is in my left leg on the top of my foot I have this slight throbbing pain. No idea where it came from but I started yesterday. I really don't want to be 19 and living off of checks because I can't work. Like I'm terrified I'm going to be disabled and have to live off pain killers. Could the ankle be the same thing as the knee pain? From sitting down and putting so much pressure on it?

HelloPanda23
26-07-18, 19:11
My right knee has been hurting for a while now. It first started when I was sitting in an office chair all day. I assumed it was from being bent all day so I started moving around more and not sitting all day and it went away. The pain came back and now a new pain is in my left leg on the top of my foot I have this slight throbbing pain. No idea where it came from but I started yesterday. I really don't want to be 19 and living off of checks because I can't work. Like I'm terrified I'm going to be disabled and have to live off pain killers. Could the ankle be the same thing as the knee pain? From sitting down and putting so much pressure on it?

You can still work as someone who is disabled, so get that fear of paying checks due to a disability out of your mind. I’m only 16 and last month, I had a huge fear of ALS, and I’d usually sit down all day and distract myself with games and shows. It was a dreadful fear, but I remember how badly my knees and legs would hurt when I’d try to do the squats. My knees would crack, and if I did too many squats, it’d feel like my legs were about to stop moving. Was scary, but I didn’t think too much of it and so I’m fine now.

BrokenAge
27-07-18, 07:31
I wrote this in a haze of panic at 3 in the morning and by the time I woke up the pain in my ankle disappeared. I still have knee pain and it cracks like crazy but when I stretch it around it feels fine

jray23
27-07-18, 08:02
Knees and ankles hurt for "no reason" from time to time, especially if you are sedentary. As you get older they'll hurt more often! They are joints that do quite a bit of work!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk