PDA

View Full Version : Throat and Neck fears - again!!

sharoncjb
12-08-07, 12:33
Hello again, well my famous throat problems are back again!! Only this time they seem worse, as hard as I try to convince myself it is all anxiety and tension related the other part of my head is trying to tell me that just maybe it isn't! So I am hoping for some reassurance from you nice people who all feel the same from time to time, so here goes...

My neck is really knotted up with tension badly so that I can feel the lumps in the back of it and it is so bad the movement of it is very painful and I am waiting to go for physio as per doctors instructions, then blow me if the throat thing doesn't start again, I think because I am so tense in my neck I am making my throat feel completely restricted and feel like I am being strangled, please tell me that I am not alone and that they are related to each other, I am sure I have felt like this before but you always seem to forget and think this time is different. My throat feels like the famous lump is back and last night I went out for a meal which I found really hard as I was so aware that I didn't think I would be able to swallow, it is just so awful.

The back of my neck hurts and aches and I think I tense it up so much that is is affecting my throat, but then the other part of me prods and pokes the muscle bumps in the back of my neck and I then convince myself I have some horrible cancer that is now restricting my throat too, then I feel the glands at the side of my neck which have always been bigger one side than the other then worry about them too - so sad to be like this - it would be lovely to get out of bed one day and just spend one day where I didn't think that I was dying of some kind of nasty illness or cancer. It is really so irrational but I just cannot stop the thoughts and my throat really isn't helping at the moment, so please please somebody tell me that I am not alone with the feelings I have in my throat and neck ...

Thanks for reading
Shaz:wacko:

sharoncjb
12-08-07, 21:15
Help - is there no one out there who feels the same????

I forgot to say that I seem to tense my neck and throat down into my shoulders which makes me feel like I am choking/suffocating so I guess that I am tense even though the only thing I think I am worrying about is whether or not I am dying of something horrible and that makes me stress and get tensed up.

Please let me have some reassurance that they are common symptoms of anxiety and tension.

thanks very much

honeybee3939
12-08-07, 21:22
Hi Sharon

Throat and neck problems are very common with anxiety, although i have never had this problem myself there are lots of posts from people who have.

take a look at the common symptoms page http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7794

and also if you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will find more posts about it too.

I hope that helps to reassure you hun.:hugs:

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kittykat
13-08-07, 09:28
I sufferred for a while there with my throat, posted about it a while back, i also had a weird feeling, lump in throat , tingling etc and was worried sick.
Doctor thought it was anxiety related, i've found that since i've relaxed more and dont stress so much it has went away as quickly as it came on.
I know how hard it is to relax its a vicious circle , but im sure its nothing serious, and try not to poke and prod as this will defo make your throat and glands feel tender ( meant to say as well i always have one gland in my neck thts 99% raised most of the time, and im still here as ive had tht for years.........anxiety has a lot to answer for).
I hope you start to feel better soon.

take care xx