PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Swelling

itiswhatitis
26-07-18, 20:13
About a month and a half ago, I had an abscess in one of my upper teeth. Went to the dentist and he gave me antibiotics which helped mostly clear it up in about a week. The swelling was on my upper mouth, near the tooth which is broken and mostly gone except for the upper bit which is in my gums.

Well things were ok mostly, there was still some small swelling but I went back to the dentist with hope he'd remove it but he said there wasn't any need at that point (I'm waiting on an appointment to get a lot of mouth work done so he thought it would be ok to leave it until then) He just advised me to treat it with ibruprofen and salt water.

Today I think I might have cleaned my teeth too vigorously this morning, then this afternoon the swelling got a lot bigger, and right now it's on my upper mouth and around the affected tooth. I looked in the mirror, it has a white dot on it.

I'm so scared now that it's something serious. We're calling the dentist tomorrow when they open but I probably won't get an appointment until next week. Do you guys think I'll be ok? What could the swelling be, just the abscess or a new one? It also tastes a bit weird in my mouth but I don't know if this is an abscess, because this main swelling just happened today and I wasn't having any noticeable or different pain? Could I have aggravated it with brushing? Because I know I spent more time than usual brushing my teeth today and I tried to be more thorough.

MRS STRESS ED
30-07-18, 22:07
hi with you brushing your teeth vigorously as you say, you have probably made it swell up more sounds like some sort of infection to me try not to worry you be fine,let your dentist check it x