PDA

View Full Version : Danger in mixing Natural Remedies?

manda8801
12-08-07, 15:17
Have decided against medication, and very interested in many of the natural remedies listed...

Is it dangerous to mix more than one natural remedy? If I were to take Bach Flower remedies, along with Vitamin B Complex, Omega- 3, and certain Amino acids, would dangerous side effects occur?

Doesn't seem likely because they all seem to be natural vitamins/ good for the health anyway.. but before I go purchase anything just curious if I would run into problems mixing these...

If it were a problem.. best to mix???

mirry
12-08-07, 17:55
Ive just got some pottasium , H5tp (spell check) and relora.

Am gonna take them all together :wacko: .

Gabby
12-08-07, 21:20
I dont think it would be a prob but you should just check whats in the vitamins and supplements as most of them contain more than one thing so check you are not exceeding the RDAs when you combine them. I dont think mixing them with flower remedies should cause any probs at all but you can always ask in a health food shop or similar. Neals Yard staff are always good Ive found

G x

kazzie
12-08-07, 21:30
Hi There:D

I dont think there is a prob mixing natural remedies but I think some natural remedies may clash with conventional meds:shrug:

However Im not a doc so I would check with health food shop re natural ones clashing and with doc if you mix natural with conventional!!!

All the best

Kaz x

manda8801
13-08-07, 20:27
hmm.. well i decided against conventional meds and to go all natural.. I went to the nearest vitamin shoppe and the clerk could not be any more helpful! he instructed me to buy flaxseed oil, a b-complex called "mega- stress", L-5-HTP, (serotonin booster, much like a natural SSRI), and DL-Phenylalanine (de-stresser)... he said there should be no problesm mixing them as they are all natural, and I should be feeling better in a few days! I should after spending so much money!! :) Going to start tomorrow.. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Jimbo
16-08-07, 21:07
Definitely be careful.

I just mentioned this on another thread.

Things like passion flower act as an MAOI so can't be taken with things like SJW. There are lots of things that should not be mixed.

Always ask in the shop and do some research yourself.

These things are in effect the same as taking a prescription medication. For example, SJW is actually prescribed in some countries. You could end up with some nasty and potentially dangerous side effects if you mix the wrong things together.

Jim :hugs:

ThreeBee23
22-08-07, 04:25
Manda, how are you feeling? Are they helping?

rosepetal
22-08-07, 15:30
Bach Flowers are fine with anything, but I would check re the rest.

jobu
23-08-07, 09:21
You should be fine on all the ones you listed.

Realize when introducing things into your body no matter natural or not, that you should introduce them one at a time and try not to shock your body with everything all at once. Vitamins and supplements can sometimes send the body into a cleansing which can make symtoms come on stronger. Even though they might help in the long run the immediate response could be intense and intensify the condition that your trying to combat.

Best of luck.