PDA

View Full Version : Always with the Blood Clots!!

ErinKC
27-07-18, 01:50
I'm in the middle of an anxiety relapse in connection with bad sciatica pain I've had for the last 2 weeks or so. I'm so mad at myself for going down this road, but tonight I just CANNOT stop the blood clot fear.

The pain had been getting a bit better, but this afternoon I have such a horrible pressure/heaviness in my right leg. I'm pretty sure it's because of my period, which sometimes causes a very heavy feeling in my pelvis area, so could be pressing more on the nerves that are already inflamed... but it's such a disconcerting feeling. Every time I stand up, after a few minutes there is an intense aching pressure in my leg to the point that I have to sit down to relieve it, which does. And there is this feeling of pressure/twinges in my veins or the nerve, I really don't know which. I have varicose veins on this leg, too, and seeing them protruding is just making worse.

I've gone down the blood clot road a few times, but this is the worst pain I've ever had in association with it, so it's getting hard to shake it. The pain even started after a car ride, which is making it worse!

Not sure what I'm looking for here. Just tried and frustrated.

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

I'm working on calming down. I laid down for a little bit and rested. I felt much better. Then, I got up and had a shooting pain through my calf every time I took a step!! A totally new symptom. First, it got me really anxious, and then it got me super pissed. Like, WTF?? So, instead of wallowing and worrying and googling I got my daughter and did bedtime with her and by the time I'd walked around for a few minutes the twingey pain was gone. I just keep trying to picture the last time this happened a year ago when I went to the ER. I'm visualizing myself sitting in the waiting room, talking to the doctor (who was eating an ice pop), getting wheeled to the ultrasound room, etc... all, while I knew deep down nothing was wrong. So, I'm trying to just imagine all those fruitless steps that end in finally feeling reassured - or at least momentarily so, and just get to that place on my own.