PDA

View Full Version : Brief periods of being off balance

Scooter86
27-07-18, 10:22
Hey folks,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here but the last couple of days I’ve had these moments where I’ll be walking and all of a sudden it’s like my Center of balance is completely thrown off for about a minute and it’s like my body wants to fall to one side. I notice it mostly happens when I’m a few minutes after a sitting to a standing position. It’s all I can do to focus on walking straight. Then afterwards I’ll feel really flush in my face and sick to my stomach. I’m really worried it’s some blood clot or a stroke.

It’s been very hot where I am and I’ve been working in very warm conditions though I’ve been drinking lots of water. I’m really worried - could this just be anxiety?

Thanks
S

WiseMonkey
27-07-18, 10:33
Hi,
It could just be a drop in blood pressure after getting up so quickly. Being off-balance could make you feel nauseous, hence the hot flush feelings.

Scooter86
28-07-18, 20:46
Thanks, ya I was wondering that too. Unfortunately today it’s gotten much worse and I’m basically having these short little bursts of imbalance, like someone is pushing me one way or the other. And when that passes I just feel slightly dizzy. All of it is barely manageable - I went for a small walk this morning and had to pick something up at the store. Both of which were hard to do in this state. Otherwise I’m just very very tired and feeling nauseous probably from the dizziness haha.

yarodao
28-07-18, 21:02
I also have something like this. But does this happen to you when not just standing up quickly? like walking for a while? it usually happens to me when i go to a supermarket and i dont know the light or the people but i feel floaty and dont feel my legs right. Like someone put two pirate stumps instead of them.

Scooter86
28-07-18, 22:20
Yes! Exactly like that. It’s only been the last few days that the imbalance has become worse and stays with me throughout he day. It’s exhausting trying to live my life like it’s not there when I always feel like I’m off balance and nauseous

jray23
28-07-18, 22:27
I also have something like this. But does this happen to you when not just standing up quickly? like walking for a while? it usually happens to me when i go to a supermarket and i dont know the light or the people but i feel floaty and dont feel my legs right. Like someone put two pirate stumps instead of them.Flourescent lighting at supermarkets, big box stores, airports, malls, etc is a common nemesis for people with vestibular issues, certain kinds of migraine, and anxiety too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Scooter86
30-07-18, 01:53
Luckily my imbalance and dizziness has subsided quite a bit today - although I’m stil very anxious over it coming back. I just hate how debilitating it can be. Also I wish I knew what made me feel so imbalanced in the first place. Does anyone know why dizziness lasts for only two to three days? It doesn’t feel like the normal anxious dizziness I have so I’m not sure it was because of anxiety. That being said - I’ve been surprised by anxiety symptoms in the past.

jemini70
31-07-18, 16:10
Hey folks,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here but the last couple of days I’ve had these moments where I’ll be walking and all of a sudden it’s like my Center of balance is completely thrown off for about a minute and it’s like my body wants to fall to one side. I notice it mostly happens when I’m a few minutes after a sitting to a standing position. It’s all I can do to focus on walking straight. Then afterwards I’ll feel really flush in my face and sick to my stomach. I’m really worried it’s some blood clot or a stroke.

It’s been very hot where I am and I’ve been working in very warm conditions though I’ve been drinking lots of water. I’m really worried - could this just be anxiety?

Thanks
S it may be Vertigo, or sinus cavity is not opening well enough, hence the feeling of vertigo