PDA

View Full Version : Afraid I have colon cancer, mentally suffering

bran_sun
27-07-18, 13:31
Hello I just want to start off by saying I知 a 24 year old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good 7 months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in stool. I had one CT scan the first time 6 months ago and my abdomen was fine. I did one about a month ago, and they found numerous pericecal enlarged lymph nodes measuring up 12 mm that may represent mesenteric adenitis. I am afraid that this is stage 4 colon cancer. All my GI doctors think it is not necessary to do a colonoscopy, and that I知 too young to have anything wrong with me and it is probably nothing because of no family history of colon cancer. Please advise, I知 suffering.

bran_sun
27-07-18, 13:33
Hello I just want to start off by saying I知 a 24 year old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good 7 months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in stool. I had one CT scan the first time 6 months ago and my abdomen was fine. I did one about a month ago, and they found numerous pericecal enlarged lymph nodes measuring up 12 mm that may represent mesenteric adenitis. I am afraid that this is stage 4 colon cancer. All my GI doctors think it is not necessary to do a colonoscopy, and that I知 too young to have anything wrong with me and it is probably nothing because of no family history of colon cancer. Please advise, I知 suffering

ankietyjoe
27-07-18, 13:36
Please advise, I知 suffering

Listen to your Doctors, and never google anything.

nomorepanic
27-07-18, 14:10
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Missjensen
27-07-18, 14:51
I can’t understand why they won’t give you a colonoscopy based on your age, I’ve had a polyp removed at 25 that over time could turn cancerous, some people may have genetic disorders and need check ups before age 50 especially if it runs in the family,

When that’s said, you already had one negative scan, if you where stage 4 something should have showed up on that!

bran_sun
27-07-18, 15:15
Are the lymph nodes not indicative of stage 4 colon cancer?

Missjensen
28-07-18, 11:43
No, if nodes are involved it’s mostly a stag 3 or 4a if it’s a lymph far away from the tumor, stage 4 is if you the cancer has spread to other organs... But You shoud have a pretty large tumour in the colon and the scan didn’t reveal anything.

bran_sun
28-07-18, 19:35
Ok, but I thought you can't see a tumor in the colon on CT scan?