PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Flares

IreneRumi
27-07-18, 19:49
After a pretty good last week and a half (started therapy, ate and exercised well, socialized, felt okay), today has been hard again with health anxiety.

Didn't sleep well last night (restless, woke up repeatedly)
Queasy and retched up stomach acids when I did wake up for work
Not much appetite/bad taste in mouth. Bad burnt taste when eating the last bite of a poptart and after trying to eat some tortilla chips - it faded quickly but tasted horrible and scared me.

Just overall feeling lousy. Just wondering if anyone else has had the gross burnt taste (sweet foods like a smoothie tasted fine). Wondering if its all stomach acid related? My big fear is stroke/seizure.

ErinKC
27-07-18, 20:05
I often get a bad taste in my mouth when I'm anxious. I attribute it to increased acid from the anxiety. Anxiety has SUCH an effect on the stomach. All your symptoms absolutely sound anxiety related.

Keep up with the therapy. It was so beneficial to me!

IreneRumi
27-07-18, 20:54
Thanks for the response! I know its probably anxiety but I hate being nervous to eat and having no appetite. I know I feel better when I get good meals. I even gain a few pounds back in the last month or so and was feeling good about that. Just upset because I was doing really well for a week and a half after a tough week.