PDA

View Full Version : Relapsing into Panic

thehopefulheart
28-07-18, 16:33
I'm 28 now, and I've always been anxious. Recently I put myself in an unintentional and precarious health situation that left me having the worst panic attack of my life. I left my apartment in an ambulance, and since that day last week, I am now overloaded with overwhelming anxiety. It's simply torture. After the hospital, I had such extreme nausea that I thought I must have a virus, I couldn't eat and dry heaved at the smell of food. This led me back to the hospital but they treated the nausea and did not acknowledge the anxiety from the trauma I had just experienced. I've been taking Xanax for over a week now on a daily basis to keep everything in check.
My Primary Care Provider prescribed me Clonazepam to take my off of the Xanax, and Citalopram.
I took the first Citalopram last night before bed, I was even terrified to do that. I woke up at 4:30am in a panic attack, from the meds? from the thought of the meds in my system? I'm not sure, but I needed a dose of Xanax to stop shaking and fall back asleep.
I'm really struggling to maintain any sort of hope.