PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinthitis

James402
29-07-18, 15:40
Hi Everyone.

Another week and something else to set off my HA.

Out of the blue I woke up on friday morning off balance and dizzy. Stumbling around etc. A trip to the walk im centre and the doc said she thinks its labyrinthitis.

I was fairly skeptical because i didnt have room spin just generally unbalance especially when moving my head.

Today I looked up and found the Epley manoeuvre. I tried it out and wow. The whole room span like crazy as i was doing it. Feel abit worse now but apparently thats normal.

Does anyone know if my reaction to the manoeuvre proves the doc correct. Im trying not to go down the brain tumor fear cycle.

I always feel like apologising at the end of these:blush:

jray23
29-07-18, 16:23
Hi James. I know it's easy to think of scary things like a brain tumor but that is highly unlikely to be the case! I mean extremely unlikely!

If you do have labrynthitis, (and I am sorry to hear about anyone getting this!) the Epley maneuver probably isn't going to help much. Epley is usually effective in treating BPPV, which feels similar and is more common than lab. If it doesn't seem to be helping after a couple of tries I suggest stopping ot unless you were directed to do it by your doctor.

I have (had? 🤞) vestibular neuritis this year which is basically the same thing as labrynthitis except without any hearing loss. I can tell you that anxiety is very common with these, so do try to alleviate any anxiety you get. Doing so will lessen your symptoms!

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk