PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy/light headed

ryancorey97
29-07-18, 17:38
Hi, I've had my first panic attack on Thursday and it was really bad it felt like I was slipping out of reality, felt like i couldn't breath or swallow.

I've came to accept that there was nothing wrong with me and I was just panicking. But a day later I woke up i felt really light headed and dizzy I figured it was a side affect from the panic attack.

But it lasted all day I went to the doctor and told him whats wrong he barely listened and just prescribed me Buspirone and it just made my dizziness alot worse.

Next day I go to another doctor he listens more takes blood test and heart test and he found nothing wrong, telling me its all mental and that I should go seek better mental help and told me not to take the Buspirone.

I woke up today and the dizziness and light headness is still really bad and I have no idea what to do I was hoping someone has a similar story that might help me, I feel like I am slowly going crazy over this. Would going to another doctor for vertigo medicine would help?

jray23
29-07-18, 18:39
Anxiety is the most likely cause. I know that the few times I have had panic attacks that there has been kind of a residual uneasiness for a few days. If you don't feel relief after some time you could see an ENT.

One note about anti-vertigo medications - such as meclizine - if you do take it at all (I don't think it's necessarily needed here) be sure to only take it for a few days. After that it can increase your dizziness! They're really only meant for immediate short term relief.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ryancorey97
29-07-18, 19:50
But can a panic attack cause me to be dizzy for 4 days?

I cannot find anything online about it except for PPDS.

I feel calm and I am breathing well and I don't feel like I have anxiety at the moment. I am just dizzy 24/7 ever since the panic attack, I feel like there is no relief

Is it possible I got PPDS from the panic attack?

MRS STRESS ED
29-07-18, 20:01
hi sorry to hear you're feeling bad
you will be very supprised how bad panic attacks and anxiety can affect your body l suffer dizziness on and off it can last for ages esspecially when my anxiety kicks in l am bad with it now had god knows how many panic attacks lately, its not good

but it can get better l have
good days and bad days hope
you feel better soon try not to
focus on it makes it hang around
longer :hugs:

ryancorey97
29-07-18, 20:12
hi sorry to hear you're feeling bad
you will be very supprised how bad panic attacks and anxiety can affect your body l suffer dizziness on and off it can last for ages esspecially when my anxiety kicks in l am bad with it now had god knows how many panic attacks lately, its not good

but it can get better l have
good days and bad days hope
you feel better soon try not to
focus on it makes it hang around
longer :hugs:

how do you deal with the dizziness? and how long does it last?

MRS STRESS ED
29-07-18, 21:28
how do you deal with the dizziness? and how long does it last?
There's no telling how long it will last,l have learnt some breathing exercises this helps me also l try my best not to pay it any attention because believe me the more we fixate on a symptom the longer it lasts its hard work but, give it ago also l chill out to music and just forget everything hope this can help you :bighug1:

jray23
30-07-18, 01:00
There's no telling how long it will last,l have learnt some breathing exercises this helps me also l try my best not to pay it any attention because believe me the more we fixate on a symptom the longer it lasts

Bingo. Also stop Googling, OP. If you are concerned you can see a doctor but scouring the Internet for clues is only guaranteed to make you feel worse and give you more questions than answers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk