PDA

View Full Version : Pulsatile Tinnitus

RadioGaGa
29-07-18, 20:48
Hi everyone

Absolutely panic-stricken. Got out of the bath and was running around, and heart rate was about 100-110bpm. Then for a few seconds I could hear my heartbeat in my right ear.

I felt sick and thought "this is pulstile tinnitus". It stopped but when I walked around then sat down it came back.

Terrified this is serious. Has anyone else had this just develop?

jray23
30-07-18, 01:04
Yeah it happens to me from time to time. I've mentioned it to docs before while complaining about other things and it doesn't alarm them. Likely harmless.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

RadioGaGa
30-07-18, 01:09
jray23

I was hoping someone else had this (As bad as that sounds). I have had the "pulse in vision" thing for many years. But when I heard it in my ear tonight it caused much panic.

I only heard it for a few seconds and I'm linking it to too much alcohol last night.

I'd been worrying about auditory hallucinations recently. I also remember in the past reading about PT and thinking if I ever had it, it would be a sure sign of a brain tumour.

Although, I can't find any case reports of it being caused by glioblastoma online.

Likely I'm fine and just need to stop worrying so bloody much haha.

lofwyr
30-07-18, 02:28
I have had pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear for 5 years now. No real reason for it found so far. Pulsatile tinnitus does not come and go, it is ever present. Most times the reason for it is benign, and often it is never discovered even after numerous tests. I have had an MRI which revealed no reason for it what so ever. It is not always well understood, but again pulsatile tinnitus is not something "you hear for a few seconds." It is there all the time.