PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping too much

Sammyeb27
29-07-18, 23:18
I'm only 18 but I usually get a large amount of sleep a day plus naps, and still feel tired. This scares me because I remember kids from school showing symptoms like that, then being diagnosed with blood and bone cancer. I don't think I have those cancers specifically but I'm definitely worried that this is a symptom of something more sinister. Part of the problem is I spend a lot of time at home and get super bored... should I get this checked out? Or should I try and set a better schedule for myself where I get out more. I'm currently looking for a new job and just finished some summer classes so I would assume that would have helped. Thanks!

Graceski
30-07-18, 14:36
Hi Sammy, I think the more time you spend at home and laying in the more you are likely to sleep! I am off work at the moment and I find myself sleeping for 9-10 hours per day. I know nothing is wrong though, I guess it's just a habit you fall into, especially when you're bored as well.

I'm going to try setting an alarm for the mornings and getting more of a better routine. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've always needed a lot of sleep, some people just do.