PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like GERD / Anxiety?

yekimd
30-07-18, 04:07
Hello all recently I've been experiencing 3 symptoms and 3 symptoms only. They are light chest pressure (not really pain sort of discomfort I suppose), burping, and coughing. Sometimes when I burp I regurgitate a little of the food I ate earlier, and coughing because I feel a tickle in the back of my throat. I have a known heart problem from when I was a child but have been going for checkups and had tests done and all I have is the arrythmia I've always had and have been on medication for. I think it's acid reflux (which doesn't bother me in the slightest) but having anxiety I convince myself it's my heart even though it is most likely not unless the doctors really missed something on numerous occasions..

WiseMonkey
30-07-18, 04:21
Hello all recently I've been experiencing 3 symptoms and 3 symptoms only. They are light chest pressure (not really pain sort of discomfort I suppose), burping, and coughing. Sometimes when I burp I regurgitate a little of the food I ate earlier, and coughing because I feel a tickle in the back of my throat. I have a known heart problem from when I was a child but have been going for checkups and had tests done and all I have is the arrythmia I've always had and have been on medication for. I think it's acid reflux (which doesn't bother me in the slightest) but having anxiety I convince myself it's my heart even though it is most likely not unless the doctors really missed something on numerous occasions..

Anxiety can make reflux/indigestion worse though. It may be worth trying some zantac or PPI (acid suppressant meds) to see if this improves.

TheLostSaga
30-07-18, 14:52
I can say - big time. I tend to have transient back and chest pain that almost feels a tiny pin-point of burning pressure either on my left side, my right side or smack dab in the middle.

"Wet-burps" as I like to call them, are also pretty common - I tend to get them when I haven't eaten so it's mostly just acid and let me tell you that doesn't help at all! The coughing can also be a big part of either GERD or LRP (Silent Reflux)

Trust that your doctors totally wouldn't have missed something - especially since they are already aware of your heart condition so the chances of them missing any changes or issues is pretty minor.

Fishmanpa
30-07-18, 15:04
Does this sound like GERD / Anxiety?

Yep!

Positive thoughts

LiveLaughLove
24-07-19, 01:41
WOW That is me to a T !!!! I could have written it Also feels like a huge burp is jest sitting in my chest waiting to come out

adamden
24-07-19, 02:53
Yep, that’s definitely GERD. I’ve experienced it too.
Take a Zantac if needed :)

Pkstracy
18-12-19, 03:19
yes have had and am having this and it can also make you feel like you don't want to eat and feel like you want to throw up and can cause you to throw up.

bin tenn
18-12-19, 04:27
GERD sufferer here as well. Everything from back and chest pain/pressure/discomfort, to shoulder pain, coughing, tickle in the throat, chronic post nasal drip, etc. I stopped a PPI a while back, after two years. So far so good. Don't hesitate to take Tums or Zantac or whatever else OTC may help.

ErinKC
18-12-19, 15:07
Yes. This is exactly how reflux is for me! You've described it exactly. I get my reflux more in my throat, and this is exactly how it manifests - slight pressure, coughing, and burping. The more I cough or clear my throat the worse it gets. What helps me is taking tums right when I feel the sensation and sipping warm tea with honey to calm my throat/chest. Also, I get so much relief when I don't eat after 7pm.