PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to relate to about chest aches and pains

eddy1608
30-07-18, 14:37
I've had this for around 4/5 years now I've had ecgs in the past and blood tests etc. Numerous times the doctor has listened to my heart and lungs and all is fine as well as my blood pressure. But still I get aches and pains in my chest, upper back and neck. I've had a sports massage and he said my upper back is very knotted and that can come through to the chest buy with anxiety I think the worset. I'm only 29 and it's driving me crazy

TheLostSaga
30-07-18, 22:24
I get sporadic chest pains, back pains, neck pains etc. I carry all my tension in my shoulders so most of the pain I feel back there is due to my anxiety - however have you gotten tested for GERD/LPR? That can actually cause chest/back pain!

GiantMogwai
30-07-18, 23:15
I've got one rib that hurts where it joins the sternum and also right at the back. Also quite painful on far left side in middle of rib cage. Have had this for over 20 years. Old rugby injury. Have had loads of treatment and nothing really helped massively although sports massages did offer some relief. The only trick I learned in my case was never do too much swimming freestyle unless I alternated this with some jogging. When I swim freestyle I overextend slightly with my left arm which aggravates my problematic rib, and I also get very tense in the shoulders which exacerbates the pain. Jogging tended to loosen this tension up. It also reduced the chance of shoulder subluxations which were horrid, and another thing I used to get from shoulder tension. You do much exercise?