PDA

View Full Version : Sudden painful headache that lasts less than a min, scared of aneurysm

elle95
31-07-18, 19:58
I have suffered from maaaaaany types of headaches: ice pick ones, cluster ones, etc since I was 14 and I knew they were probably due to my anxiety, had a clear ct scan 5 years ago.

Last year I started making the inversion method (putting head upside down for a few minutes) for hair growth. For around that time I also read on the DM about a young woman in brazil who died from a brain haemorraghe and it described her symptom so I started wondering, what if that happens to me?? That was in july last year. Ok so a week later I couldn't sleep well cause my head felt awkward. I also have suffered from chronic head pressure but I'm really so used to it. But this felt different like some kind of bug messing throuhhout my head?? Then I turned the light and suddenly this really painful headache appeared and it really scaerd me thank God it only lasted seconds but it was really scary like someone was holding my head with such real pressure. I had a panic attack afterwards. This headache is obviously different cause my Ice picks ussually happen in only one ara at once and it feel more like a prrssure, this headache kind of coincides with what I've heard from the "Thunderclap" headaches and someone said those are the dangerous ones

It only happened twice last year and this year happened 4 or 5 times, don't know if it just my anxiety, I am a very negative person always waiting for the worst. I haven't treated my anxiety and depression properly. I can't stop thinking I will drop dead soon from an aneurysm or tumor. Don't know what to do. Anyone going through the same or know something? Thank you so much in advance

welsh girl
31-07-18, 21:23
I get pretty much the same I have had really bad headaches for years, my head feels as if it is in a vice, from the back of my neck up my head , between my eyes (top of nose) but now horror I am getting sharp pains in the side of my face in front of my ear lasting just half a minute,
Guess how my mind works?? I am so fed up.

AntsyVee
31-07-18, 22:17
My ex had headaches like this. After a bunch of doctor visits and an MRI, they were found out to be ice pick migraines brought on by stress and depression.

My advice to you is to seek some help for your anxiety and depression because who knows? Like my ex, they could be the cause of your headaches.

elle95
31-07-18, 22:55
I get pretty much the same I have had really bad headaches for years, my head feels as if it is in a vice, from the back of my neck up my head , between my eyes (top of nose) but now horror I am getting sharp pains in the side of my face in front of my ear lasting just half a minute,
Guess how my mind works?? I am so fed up.

Thank you so much for replying and sharing your experience with me and I'm sorry you feel like this.

Omg I also had they eye pain on last december it was terrifying, like someone was stabbing the insides of it, and I went to an eye doctor I thought I had a tumor and he didn't see anything wrong. Don't know if they're cluster headaches but they dissapeared after I started occupying my mind. I have to admit that I rarely get headaches when I'm doing something productive.

I also get face pain and stabbing pains all over my body. The migraines I get leave me with an extrwmely sore neck as well.

I know how you feel, one becomes sick and tired of all these symptoms and it's hard to accept that is our minds causing them and if it is really something serious how can I know the difference and stop worrying??. It's just awful.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

My ex had headaches like this. After a bunch of doctor visits and an MRI, they were found out to be ice pick migraines brought on by stress and depression.

My advice to you is to seek some help for your anxiety and depression because who knows? Like my ex, they could be the cause of your headaches.

Thank you so much for replying me!! Wow sometimes it's kind of hard to believe anxiety and depression can affect in this way! but I'm glad it wasn't anything serious at all. I also get ice pick headaches but they feel like sharp stabbings and this new kind of headache feels like someone is holding my head and squezing it with like thousaands of needles throughout my head :( and it's a 6-7 out of 10 on a pain scale I may say I don't know if they are technically part of ice pick headaches but as you said who knows?

But at the moment I can't think of my future as a normal young woman cause I'm constantly thinking I'm dying. I know that brain aneurysm are more common in women in their 40s and they're rarely bursts but my dear mind loves to tell me it will happen to me soon. I hate lving in constant fear and wasting my life :(

I know you might not be a doctor or something but do you know if mri's are avery accurate at detecting aneurysm?? xx When I go to the psychiatrist I'll probably request one but I'm not sure, I don't want ct scan either because I don't want more radiation to my brain.

AntsyVee
31-07-18, 23:34
Don’t ask for an MRI. If the doc thinks you need one, they’ll recommend it. You have to let them do their job because they are the expert.

If you treat your anxiety and depression, and the headaches go away, you’ll have your answer. If not, the decrease in mental health issues will help you deal with any medical issues. Living with the fear of dropping dead all the time is no way to live.

elle95
01-08-18, 01:33
Don’t ask for an MRI. If the doc thinks you need one, they’ll recommend it. You have to let them do their job because they are the expert.

If you treat your anxiety and depression, and the headaches go away, you’ll have your answer. If not, the decrease in mental health issues will help you deal with any medical issues. Living with the fear of dropping dead all the time is no way to live.

Lmao! I remember always asking the doctors for many procedures and they end up treating me like a loonie, but wel there are many times when doctors dimiss things that might need further investigation.

Yes they do dissapear when I'm out of my house when I'm at college, because my house is a very hostile environment my mom and brother treat me bad so i guess the headaches being caused but my mental issues and the situation with my family might be the most probable cause! Just hope so! And I will try and be positive although it's one of the hardest things for me.

Thank you again for your answer xx:):)

AntsyVee
01-08-18, 02:28
Of course! :) It sounds like you already know the cause here. Can I give you one last piece of advice, from another person who grew up in a hostile environment? Please take advantage of the free/discounted therapy that your college offers. I don't know of any college that didn't have free services for students. Crappy family environments take so much toll on us, emotionally, physically, that therapy is a life-saver.