PDA

View Full Version : Optical aura

Todd31
01-08-18, 16:28
About four or five years ago I had an optical migraine it scared me to death and I thought I was going blind. After about a half hour it went away. I called my sister and she told me she gets them. I didn't think anything about it after that day then a week and a half ago I got one out of the blue. It scared me but I was at home and remembered to take it easy and let it pass. Then yesterday I was at my weekly therapy session and it was an intense session and then I got another one! This one scared me because it was about a week from the other one.. Does anyone else get these? I have been having lung worries all year and right when I was getting over those I now have this to deal with.. Of course my worry now is with my brain. I swear it never ends.

ErinKC
01-08-18, 17:29
Optical migraines are really scary! I had one a few years ago during a really stressful time. I know people who get them often. I think, like regular migraines, there is nothing to worry about aside from their primary disruption.

kivyt73
02-08-18, 01:29
I get them in spurts, won't have them for a year and then get three or four in a short period of time. Very scary at first but harmless. I went to the eye doctor last time I was getting a bunch of them and she reiterated that they were nothing to worry about. I think stress plays a big part in them at least for me. Try not to worry, I have talked to four or five people lately that get them.

Ivy

Halle0587
02-08-18, 03:13
I have migraines with aura, mine are definitely brought on by stress. Scary, absolutely.