PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and stress

Brandi
01-08-18, 21:25
Hello my name is Brandy, I have been having a lot of anxiety severe anxiety and severe stress for a while my mom passed away in June on the 1st and my palpitations have gotten worse they started bad about a month before that. Just flutters flopping in the chest off and on. Now it's like they're in runs beat beat skip beat beat skip beat beat skip beat beat. Sometimes I think it's due to whenever I have a strong emotion they seem to get worse.

venusbluejeans
01-08-18, 21:31
Hiya Brandi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

vicky23
02-08-18, 15:25
Hi Brandi,
welcome to the boards.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom that's a really stressful time and it's no wonder your body is reacting to such strong emotion. Our bodies are so responsive to stress, I think from what I've read the key to dealing with this is just accepting it's just the emotional state causing physical symptoms, and using relaxation techniques like mindfulness/deep breathing/ exercise. You might want to think about some counselling too that will help you work through the grief of losing your Mom.
Very best wishes
X