PDA

View Full Version : Blood on Stool

Xienpai
02-08-18, 07:20
Hello, so suddenly I had blood in my stool (bright red) and my stool is pretty loose. This week has been stressful I have also been feeling pain anywhere in my abdomen commonly on lower left side. I'm thinking about Ulcerative Colitis and Im very worried right now.

welsh girl
02-08-18, 08:35
Hi This is something you must get checked even just to ease your mind, I think you know that don't you? Please let us know how you get on.

venusbluejeans
02-08-18, 12:42
bright red blood means it is coming from near the anus, 99% means piles or a fissure

welsh girl
02-08-18, 15:30
No. not always correct, in my husbands case most certainly Not, and what a good thing
we went to the DR

nomorepanic
02-08-18, 16:24
No. not always correct, in my husbands case most certainly Not, and what a good thing
we went to the DR
So what was it?

Missjensen
02-08-18, 16:48
I had bright red blood in my stool and had A polyp that potentially could turn cancerous, glad I got I checked out.

venusbluejeans
02-08-18, 19:25
Not sure what part of my comment was wrong to be honest... and I definitely didn't tell the OP not to go to the drs.

Bright Red blood means it is the lower end of the bowel.. as the blood gets older and browner the longer it has to travel.

I also didn't say that it definitely can't be something serious.... I said that 99% of the time it isn't