PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and work really getting to me :(

panicBill
02-08-18, 09:24
Hey all. Hope everyone is well.

So, let me explain what is going on. I have had a lot of family problems. All in a short amount of time. All this has caused me to have time off work due to my Eczema. At one point I was covered in it.

In September my uncle passed away. I could not get time off to go to the funeral. Shortly later, my grandmother was rushed to hospital with pneumonia. Thankfully she is doing well. Then my Auntie had an heart attack. After a heart reset she is doing fine. Then I found out my Mum could be type 2 diabetic. All of this is driving me crazy.

Then, I am worried about my job. I have had months off work. I have not been in since March. I have had many doctors notes and self cert notes for times I was unable to go to my doctor. I am just worried I will get fired and wont ever get another job because of the time I have had off.

Any advice on what I should do. I work at Amazon.

MRS STRESS ED
02-08-18, 10:37
hi bless you

you clearly got alot on its not surprising you feel like you do,
l am off myself due to my anxiety
l too have had a really tough two
years,

My advice is ask work to have a well being meeting tell them everything l did my work have been brilliant this isn't the first time l have had time off,

and as for you loosing your job there are laws to protect you l cant see that happening go speak to them xx take care xx

panicBill
03-08-18, 02:11
hi bless you

you clearly got alot on its not surprising you feel like you do,
l am off myself due to my anxiety
l too have had a really tough two
years,

My advice is ask work to have a well being meeting tell them everything l did my work have been brilliant this isn't the first time l have had time off,

and as for you loosing your job there are laws to protect you l cant see that happening go speak to them xx take care xx

Thank you for the reply. I have had so many health problems because of the problems that my family has gone though, and I have not been covered for all of them. Here in the UK self cert notes only cover a week, and I have had months off and less than half have been covered with a drs note. He wont back trace them for me. Work know my problems are legit.

MRS STRESS ED
03-08-18, 08:16
Thank you for the reply. I have had so many health problems because of the problems that my family has gone though, and I have not been covered for all of them. Here in the UK self cert notes only cover a week, and I have had months off and less than half have been covered with a drs note. He wont back trace them for me. Work know my problems are legit.

That's not good my doctors back date them for me but l suppose they all work differently, but you should seriously speak to work they have a duty of care esspecially with health issues take care xx