PDA

View Full Version : CBC count results have form me scared about lymphoma, pls help

Mb16
02-08-18, 13:39
I went for a blood test a couple weeks back, and I had a letter through a few days later to schedule another blood test. So 2 weeks later and I’ve just been for my blood test and the person shown me the results from the last one, and she said the only thing slightly slightly raised was my monocytes, she said it was raised by only 0.2 which she said isn’t now very high. But I read online what monocytes can be to do with and it has got me panicing

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

ALSO sorry about the spelling error in the title I am really scared right now so can’t really type

eminence
02-08-18, 13:52
It doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Trust your doctor on this one.

Mb16
02-08-18, 13:58
Okay, I’m trying its just because I’ve seen what it could be I’m worrying about it. The range on monocytes was something like 20-80 and mine was 80.2 or 82 I’m not sure which but she said it’s only slightly raised and probably will go down but, I’m just been thinking the worst

Mb16
02-08-18, 23:14
Can anyone help me here, I’m so worried that something is wrong

SetYourMindFree
03-08-18, 00:03
Lymphoma will not show up in a standard CBC. I was diagnosed with Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma and my CBC's were completely normal. In reference to diagnosing Lymphoma the main purpose of a CBC is to rule other cancers such as Leukemia.

Everything sounds fine!

Mb16
03-08-18, 00:07
Okay thanks for that, I literally have no symptoms apart from symptoms of anxiety either! I’ve had a bit of a viral infection and sinus infection and what not but that’s all I can think of.

SetYourMindFree
03-08-18, 00:18
Okay thanks for that, I literally have no symptoms apart from symptoms of anxiety either! I’ve had a bit of a viral infection and sinus infection and what not but that’s all I can think of.

I had no symptoms except for a golf ball size node sticking out of my neck. Haha. Do you have any palpable nodes?

Shadowhawk
03-08-18, 00:22
Also keep in mind that the reference ranges are typically quoted for "95%" of the population, and that people can have ranges outside the values with no illness at all. Also note that for those types of cells, it is quite possible to have an transient elevation due to your body fighting a minor illness, or even just a natural fluctuation at the time.

Mb16
03-08-18, 01:52
Yes I do have a palpable node in my neck, but my neck glands have always seemed to be up!

And I didn’t know that, on the day of the Blood test and the day before I did have a sore throat and blocked nose, 2 weeks before I also had a really bad virus

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

By me saying my glands have always been up I mean as if they’ve always been felt this size to me or always been able to feel them since I had glandular fever, maybe it’s because of my constant sinus infection! I’m just extremely scared

SetYourMindFree
03-08-18, 03:10
Mine went from peanut to golf ball in 3 months. Yours are fine.

Mb16
08-08-18, 02:26
Okay so I’ve been to see the doctor and was with him when he got my results back, they came back normal this time. But I still have enlarged lymph nodes in my neck?? Why would they be enlarged. I’m still worried