PDA

View Full Version : terrified 24/7

coletaylor
02-08-18, 15:50
hi, i suffer from very bad health anxiety and at the moment i have been really going on a downward spiral checking my lymph nodes and i have noticed on the front of my ear below the cheekbone where the lymph node begins the start , when i prod and check it the one on my left side is quite noticeably bigger than the right.
It this normal? can parts of your lymph node be bigger on one side than the other?

coletaylor
02-08-18, 15:54
hi, recently ive been going to the doctors alot about a lump underneath my armpit and each time ive been told its nothign to worry about, however i dont think my worries are being taken seriously ive been to many different doctors and they have a little feel and thats that
Therefore at home ive been constantly acting as my own doctor, watching my weight , watching for other lumps and bumps.
should i just stop worrying and trust the doctors?

coletaylor
02-08-18, 15:59
hello, recently ive been worrying about these tiny red dots i have on my skin, there are not spots and there really arent many of them but doctor google as really been getting me worried
my doctor didnt seem to even give the time of day to look at them she took a second glance and said everything is fine but ive seen hundreds of reasons online to what these dots could be

is this normal to find tiny red dots on the skin?

nomorepanic
02-08-18, 16:22
Yup normal - use the search facility on here to find all the previous posts about it

Fishmanpa
02-08-18, 16:25
hi, recently ive been going to the doctors alot about a lump underneath my armpit and each time ive been told its nothign to worry about, however i dont think my worries are being taken seriously ive been to many different doctors and they have a little feel and thats that
Therefore at home ive been constantly acting as my own doctor, watching my weight , watching for other lumps and bumps.
should i just stop worrying and trust the doctors?

Yes.

Positive thoughts

coletaylor
02-08-18, 16:31
i noticed about a month ago that one side of my forehead feels much bigger than the other (almost like a lump) and has a small visible difference. however my girlfriend also has this her right side has a bump thays bigger than the left so i pressumed its normal

but somedays when i check it still seems the same no difference and some days it seems to look much visibly bigger

would this just be my anxiety making it look bigger?

and is it completely normal for one side to be bigger than the other?

Fishmanpa
02-08-18, 16:32
can parts of your lymph node be bigger on one side than the other?

Yes! Stop poking and prodding!

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa
02-08-18, 16:33
We're asymmetric by nature.

Positive thoughts

coletaylor
02-08-18, 16:42
im more worried about the fact that i struggle to tell if its getting bigger as some days it feels much bigger but looks the same and then the next it looks like its grown its a cycle of being calm about it then being extremely worried and wanting to get it checked

Fishmanpa
02-08-18, 16:50
im more worried about the fact that i struggle to tell if its getting bigger as some days it feels much bigger but looks the same and then the next it looks like its grown its a cycle of being calm about it then being extremely worried and wanting to get it checked

Perception vs. Reality. It's all in your head... literally.

Positive thoughts

coletaylor
02-08-18, 17:00
hi in the past months ive been nothing but stressed about certain lumps and bumps over my head, every time i seem the calm down a new worry pops up, i struggle to lead normal days everything is always the worst in my head and i have no way of stopping it

also recently been to the doctors about a lump on my armpit and they told me it shouldnt be anything to worry about but keep an eye on it and go back in a month or so

im sure you can imagine what thats doing to my health anxiety.

i cant eat, cant concentrate, constantly resisting looking on google and when i think about certain symptoms i seem the instantly gain those symptoms which makes me worry even more

anybody know any advice on how to help?

coletaylor
02-08-18, 17:07
Just been wondering can lots stress affect your lymph nodes in any way such as maybe making them swell

MRS STRESS ED
02-08-18, 18:09
You need to go back to your doctor explain exactly how you're feeling they're there to help maybe consider some cbt worth a try ask your doctor

and well done for not googling worst thing you can do and as you probably already know your mind is so powerful it will mimic illness

good luck :hugs:

nomorepanic
02-08-18, 18:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

coletaylor
02-08-18, 19:10
recently ive been extremely worried about lymph nodes and today i noticed that onse side of my cheek is fatter/bigger

so now im getting the very strange feeling in the lymph nodes in my cheek and i worried that they are swelling thats why my cheek looks bigger

or is it normal for one cheek to be bigger/fatter than the other and is my anxiety making me worry its the lymph nodes causing the strange tingling sensation

nomorepanic
02-08-18, 19:54
Please can you just post in this one thread with all your problems. It enables us to get a bigger picture of what is going on.

Thanks