PDA

View Full Version : Getting better but I feel weird?

ScaredAsHeck
02-08-18, 19:34
So, last month I had the worse cause of anxiety ever. Constant googling and self diagnosing myself. Ambulances, ER visits, Urgent care visits, Bad sleep issues with insomnia, constant anxiety and tachycardia all day for days, few panic attacks a day... I was a mess.

But lately for the past 5 or so days my anxiety has went down a lot and I believe I’ve gotten a lot better, thanks to just accepting it and not taking or relying on medication, my doctor was stunned and said he was so proud of me and him and his staff all noticed I’m not the same as I was when I had my anxiety back in July, which is a great sign! So everyone is saying I’m acting like my old self again which is great. My sleep is finally getting better, no more panic attacks during the day. The anxiety feeling is still there, but no where near as bad as before.

but... my only issue is now I just feel weird and detached. Like, today I was fine when I woke up but around an hour ago I felt so weird.. like, I was out of sync and spacey and somewhat confused and delayed. It’s hard to explain, but it’s like things slowed down? If that makes sense. Like my heart isnt as racey and I think I’m acting too calm / out of it. I just feel odd. I’m not sure what it is.

Is it possible that not having anxiety is making me anxious? Is it possible im finally coming down from anxiety and these odd feelings are my anxiety going away? Maybe my body and mind were so used to being anxious that now when I’m not anxious it feels weird like something isn’t right?

Lengthy post but I please hope someone can relate to me! Thanks.

katniss
02-08-18, 20:57
You are getting better! It’s a good sign. But I can relate to the strange anxiety surrounding “no health anxiety”. It’s an icky feeling and you’re waiting for the next evil health issue to rear it’s ugly head. It’s never ending. Don’t let it get to you. You’re doing fine