PDA

View Full Version : Floors and walls look like they’re moving

Febianperez
02-08-18, 21:19
Anyone ever experience this? I’m honestly running on mininal sleep, but when i stare at floors or walls they look like they’re slightly smoking or moving . Like i know they’re not moving and it’s not like the actual solid material is moving but almost like a glimmer of movement or swirls when i stare at a surface (usually white or bright colored, not something i notice in dark rooms or on my phone or anything that isn’t flat)

I also have migraines occasionally and astigmatism,

I’ve also had a terrible week of anxiety and depersonalitzon

AMomentofClarity
02-08-18, 22:23
It sounds like something you’ve become hyper focused on so it’s standing out to you. Keep yourself occupied and stop “staring” at white surfaces and it probably goes away

NorseWolf94
03-08-18, 14:17
I've experienced something very similar to this actually. Sometimes I'll look at something and it will appear to either move down like it's sinking or move up like it's slowly rising. I normally just shake it off, acknowledge that it's weird then move on and distract myself. If I didn't do that I'd probably end up really watching out for it anxiously and freak out whenever I saw it happen. I'd say that being slightly sleep deprived probably isn't helping you much. Although I also suffer from migraines so perhaps that has something to do with it too. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. I've experienced hallucinations like this on and off for years and I'm still fit and well! They almost always happen to me when I'm stressed or tired.

Sorry you're feeling so anxious and are suffering from de-personalization, the latter is one of the scariest anxiety symptoms in my opinion.