PDA

View Full Version : Periods Two Weeks Apart? Perimenopause?

Caroline1902
02-08-18, 22:43
Let me start by saying I'm 49 so I'm more than likely perimenopausal but I'm frightened nonetheless! Of course I am, I've been suffering from HA for years.

I have not been keeping track of my cycles since my "trying to get pregnant" days but this month I did - two periods in one month.

I have read up endlessly on perimenopausal symptoms and most women seem to have missed periods as opposed to shorter cycle lengths.

I did see the doctor who told me to come back if it keeps happening but this has not relaxed me. I'm terrified the stupid thing will indeed be back in two weeks and I'll have to have more medical tests. I love the relief medical tests can bring but they take a lot of out me, to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced this?

nomorepanic
02-08-18, 23:38
Yup I had the same and in the end got a coil fitted because I was fed up of periods every 2 weeks.

Caroline1902
03-08-18, 00:41
Thank you so much for replying! I feel like the only one.

Scass
03-08-18, 05:20
It’s quite common apparently for them to get closer together. Mine are just all over the place, it’s such a worrying time isn’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caroline1902
03-08-18, 16:39
Really appreciate the replies and yes, "The Change" is so far proving to be problematic for my health anxiety woes!

I obviously have to go through menopause but why can't I have some hot flashes and some missed periods, some normal symptoms.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

But good to hear you guys think shorter cycles are normal!

Grounding88
07-08-18, 04:50
I think I'm perimen but I'm only 30. I'm pretty devastated.

Pkstracy
07-08-18, 08:36
Yes it can happen, great website I found called mysecondspring ,all about menopause and perimenopause.

Grounding88
07-08-18, 11:26
Thank you