PDA

View Full Version : Getting different antibiotics

Clydesdale Epona
03-08-18, 11:59
I'm sure this is the wrong place so I apologize
But some may know I was recently in A and E and was given amoxicillin capsules on suspected chest infection, it's been 3 or so days now and it's getting worse because I can't swallow the tablets their like horse pills.

I don't know how to get any different ones as I'm up country and not near my GP can't be home until Monday and don't want to leave it that long, is there anywhere I can get a different prescription? :huh:

nomorepanic
03-08-18, 12:35
You can see a local GP and register as a temporary patient. There is no other way.

KK77
03-08-18, 12:41
Try opening capsule and adding to a bit of water. Make sure you swallow all the powder. Will taste vile but no other way.

Do NOT snort it! :lac:

Clydesdale Epona
03-08-18, 13:05
It says not to open them KK is that just because it's less effective? Or because you'll overdose?

Can't register as temp this practice doesn't do temp and wouldn't get an appointment until Monday either way which is when I go home, so torn between take the powder and hope it doesn't kill me or wait until Tuesday

KK77
03-08-18, 13:16
You shouldn't open capsules really, but better that way than not taking it at all. I've opened them before too because all those AB capsules are like Epona pills :lac:

Ring pharmacy for advice.

Clydesdale Epona
03-08-18, 13:59
They would rather me take the powder thank-you wait until Tuesday with a possible chest infection and asthma so taken one don't know what you mean by vile taste it's actually quite pleasant compared to paracetamol dissolved :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
03-08-18, 14:27
Put them in food. They will likely go down more easily then. A soft food so it slips down more easily e.g. mashed potatoes.