PDA

View Full Version : Eye double vision and ghosting

so many
04-08-18, 02:41
I have really been struggling for the past 8 month with my eyesore than normal ,I am worried about going blind or having a tumor .i keep telling myself it is anxiety but it's hard to convince myself when I see double vision well almost double like half a word above a word , or like a shadow above it , it is always a shadow off the top or bottom of what I am looking at never the sides, my glasses don't seem to fix it seems like it has gotten worse slowly over time , now I see it outside ,I used to never have problems outside, I also can sometimes not all the time see like people's eyebrows above third eyebrows if that makes sense. I don't see it all the time with double but it's third most of the time , other various things go along with this but this is the most disturbing to me I have had bad headaches on one side of my head ,panicking here.. I have been to the eye doctors 3 times they said my eyes look good no signs of anything except little dry eyes. I had a CT scan on my head and a separate one on my sinuses all look good said no signs of anything but yet I am freaking out, I did get told I had ibs 2 years ago but for the last 10 months like almost no issues there like I want to believe all my problems are anxiety but anxiety tells me it isn't , is this anxiety I need some peace of mind , does it sound like it I'm like the king of panic here ,I also noticed my heard feels like I anxious like when I get excited which makes me think adrinlin and trust me I have spent so much time thinking but need other to tell me is this honestly anxiety?

Thank you so much for reading I know it is a lot.

rainbow
04-08-18, 12:43
Hi, sorry you're struggling so much. Just over 2 years ago my then 12 year old daughter was having ghosting, the same as you she saw a little bit of the object above or to the sides. It was very noticeable on white text on a black background. I freaked out of course!! She went to the opticians who said all looked normal, I wasn't convinced by that. We took her to the gp who referred her to the opthamologist at the hospital, after a very thorough examination he said it was caused by anxiety and stress. My daughter does suffer from anxiety.

I think given the fact that you've had a ct scan you really don't need to worry about any sinister causes.

I hope this helps.

so many
11-08-18, 00:12
Thank you rainbow, it does help a little it's a daily battle that people close to me don't understand, makes it whole lot harder but it's reassuring I'm not alone.