PDA

View Full Version : Advice lymph nodes and pain. Tender spots

ames247
04-08-18, 04:25
Hi guys I posted a few days ago as I was thinking of going privately and having an u/a scan for enlarged nodes in my groin. I decided not to as my go examined me again and said it was just not necessary as she didn’t feel they were anything to worry about.
I felt so reassured for a day and then I felt yesterday I have an area of tenderness on the back of my thigh not too far from nodes that I am scared about😔
I feel like it could be psychosomatic pain but I have never had this were it actually hurts to touch?
I just hate the fact my doctor said it was ok but then find something else.
The worry spiral continues and I am starting to struggle to look after my daughters because of it completely consuming me.
Starting CBT in three weeks but I just need reassurance that no body thinks this pain is related.
Does anyone else suffer with tender spots?
I am in hell

ames247
05-08-18, 08:14
Anyone please?

pulisa
05-08-18, 08:37
With HA you will always find "something else" once the initial worry has eased. I'm sure this will be explained to you when you start your CBT. We all have tender spots if we prod around for long enough.

ames247
05-08-18, 09:53
I know you are right pulisa but i cannot no matter how hard I try convince myself that they are not related. I don’t know what to do?

Meows
05-08-18, 12:27
Untrasounds don't cost the NHS that much and lots of GPs are happy to refer just for peace of mind. I have one in three weeks but my lumps could just be my overies. Go back and insist on it. It will be nothing but there's no harm in getting an ultrasound.