PDA

View Full Version : New Here!!

Sparkle
13-08-07, 20:24
Hi everyone,

I'll keep it short and sweet! I'm a 22 year old girl and I've just recently been diagnosed as experiencing panic attacks. I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was at school and have suffered from panic attacks in the past but lately they have become more frequent and much worse. I'm just here to get to know you all and for a bit of support and advice as I don't know any other suffers and haven't a clue where to begin trying to overcome this. The Dr has given me rather minimal advice 'think happy thoughts la la la!' but I'm sure hearing from people that can really relate to what I'm going through will be invaluable.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! :hugs:

Sparkle
x

kazzie
13-08-07, 20:38
Hi Sparkle and a big welcome to you:D

Luv Kaz x

Sparkle
13-08-07, 20:44
Hi Kaz,

I love your avatar, so true!

Sparkle
x

Dave777
13-08-07, 21:05
Hi Sparkle and welcome.

You are amongst friends here, don't worry too much, just do what you can and back down when you feel a bit naff. In time you'll find ways to cope.

I can't get on an aircraft at the moment but going to Italy by train instead.

Dave:flowers:

Nibbles
13-08-07, 21:07
Hi Sparkle,

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. A good place to start are the self help links on the left of this page. I'm 24, have suffered with panic attacks for about 5 years and had some anxiety at school too so if you ever want to chat feel free to drop me a pm.

Take care,

Mike

honeybee3939
13-08-07, 21:14
Hi Sparkle

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

prism
13-08-07, 21:47
Hiya Sparkle,

welcome:hugs: ,you've come to the right place.
You will get alot of help and support here.

prism

groovygranny
13-08-07, 22:37
Hello Sparkle:welcome:to you!

You should be in for plenty of help and support here - I'm sure your Dr meant well, but those of us who have been, and still are, where you are know that it isn't that easy to think happy thoughts when you just don't know how!!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
13-08-07, 22:42
http://www.gregorygraphics.com/images/welcome_orchid.jpg

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
13-08-07, 23:53
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
14-08-07, 00:02
HI SPARKLE,
WELCOME IM SURE U WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO WISH YA THE BEST.......LINDA

kilometres
14-08-07, 00:39
Hey Sparks, im new to both panic attacks and the site, and believe me i know how u feel, especialy with the doctor situation. i had to see 3 doctors b4 i got any comeback! I think some GP's just dont know enough to respond in the right way. Best advice i can give, is never stop doing what you do and dont let some people's ignorance get in the way of recovery. Wish you the best:yesyes:

Sparkle
15-08-07, 16:29
What a friendly welcome from everyone!! I'm so looking forward to getting to know you all and swapping notes (so to speak)!!

Sparkle
x

jill
15-08-07, 20:09
Hi Sparkle :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:15
Hi Sparkle

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

I am sure you will get loads of support and advice here and meet some lovely people.

manmoor
18-08-07, 10:25
Hi Sparkle,

A big warm welcome to you. xx