PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic Heratbeats

Lilolil
13-08-07, 20:38
Hi

I am 46 and started suffering with Ectopic Heartbeats last year.
They started while i was on holiday in Luxembourg, i was taken to hospital where all sorts of tests were run and they diagnosed me and gave me some Beta Blockers to calm my heart down. They didn't really help, they just made me very tired.

Once home i was sent to see a cardiologist who ran all the same tests, again everything came back normal....apart from the ectopics that is. He put me a different Beta Blocker but they made me feel ill so i stopped them.

I am due to go back to see the cardiologist and wondered if it worth trying another tablet as i am told that they 'cure' ectopics they just calm the heart down, so i feel that i am taking medication for nothing IYSWIM.

I was absolutley terrified when they first happened and was convinced that i was going to die. Over the past year i have worked out some things that make them worse and am trying to make adjustments to my life, not always practical.

I seem to have some quiet days and then other days i seem to get them all the time. I wish they would just go away but it seems unlikely. I know they say that they are harmless and most days i cope very well with them, but these last 3 days have really got me down.

I don't really want to take Beta blockers again and wondered if anyone has had any success with alternative medicines.

Thanks for listening

cazza
13-08-07, 21:33
Hi i have these all the time have done for a year now i am having a bad time coping at the moment:weep: They have turned into flutters which scare me so much! As for meds my cardiologist says they sometimes make them worse i think beta blockers help if you have fast ones which i dont.
If you have been told they are harmless and have had tests the only thing is to ignore them but i know its easier said than done i really hate them they have certainly changed me carol

jodie
13-08-07, 21:35
hi

o have ectopics have done for 8 years at the min i am having a hard time with them i have had them today realy bad feels like everytime i move i get one and they feel realy strong kind of hurt my chest when they happen :mad:
i am not sure i can help realy i dont know what will get rid of them i have had a echo on my heart and ecg,s all came back ok but still i stress over them
i know my ectopics get worse at that time of the month and just after , they say that the more you think about them the more you get bt i am not sure i seem to get them when i am stressed and when i am not :shrug:
feel free to pm me as i know what it is like to have them and be scared

jodie xXx

Jinkus
13-08-07, 21:37
Hi,,

I have ectopics for the last 2 years and i am still learning to cope with them,, they are very frightening. I have made a few basic changes in my lifestyle that help alot,, i.e, drink deccaff coffee and tea,, drop ay excess weight, try not to eat big meals and not to late,,, excercise as much as poss,,, these have helped me alot,,,, i just need to stop smoking now,,, which im working on,,, this site helps alot,,,

ur not alone,, feel free to PM if u need any advice.

Sean
x

rosekay
14-08-07, 19:16
Hi everyone - I have had these heart jumps for more years than I can remember, I am 46 and have been getting them on and off literally for years. I know how you feel, it's really scary when something weird happens in your heart. I too have had tests and been given the all-clear. Beta blockers don't really help, just make the odd beats a bit less forceful and slow my heart a bit (I have a naturally quite high beat, late 80's +) I found some really helpful advice on the Uncommon Forum site (I think that's what it's called) - it really really helped and made a lot of sense. It does still happen but I can cope a lot better (usually - still have some off days!)
Rosekay

DavidJ85
18-08-07, 19:51
I have just started getting these, at least I think it's these....if someone can help...

I have the odd sharp flutter in my chest and then i hear a loud thud in my ear straight after and it scares the hell out of me...I've only just started feeling this and it's becoming more frequent and I'm terrified.