PDA

View Full Version : I climbed the mountain

Insomniac
13-08-07, 21:19
I have just come back from a short break camping in Wales.

While I was there with hubby, he really wanted to climb The Skirrid, a mountain which you can walk up, though its steep in places.

Well, getting out of the car going to an unknown place was the first step.
Then walking along a lane with hubby & daughter while he figured out where we were going! :ohmy:

Its difficult because I am outside my circle of safety. I am learning to take my circle with me (like an aura or something,), but its difficult sometimes when you don't know exactly where you're going, how long it will take, how difficult the climb will be, when you might need the loo,:blush: etc etc. All those what-ifs really try to badger me inside my head.

Well, we climbed a stile and walked up a steep field, my anxiety reduced at first then increased when I started to feel hot. I told myself I felt hot because of the exercise and weather, and that anxiety had nothing to do with it. Because you know what its like, you start looking for the symptoms and they start to appear....

We went through a field of cows, under an electric fence and through a field of sheep too. Hubby is well aware of my responses and I don't need to say too much (i.e. not worry our daughter) and he understands how I am doing.

We took our time and the last bit was very difficult, I stopped a few times to make sure I was catching my breath and letting my safe zone keep up. I got dizzy a few times, and was very hot, though it was a hot day too - so I talked myself out of that one telling my head it was weather NOT anxiety!

We made it to the top. 1600 feet and a fabulous view!! What a feeling. :yesyes:

I also ate a meal out one evening, and managed the travelling and staying in a camp site in the middle of no-where. Its another point to me. One up over the anxiety.

I just wanted to share my holiday with you all. I was really anxious before going because its the first time in our caravan, which was free second-hand, and travelling is tough for me anyway, being in the middle of no-where is hard too. But I managed it all! That's not to say the panic wasn't there, it tried to tap me on the shoulder quite a few times... But I told it I wasn't listening (with help from rescue remedy, camomile tea, and a wonderfully supportive hubby:hugs: ).

I never expected this to go away completely. I just wanted to live my life. And I can. The re-learning takes a long time, and some things will always be difficult, but THERE IS HOPE!.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

prism
13-08-07, 21:31
Hiya Lisa,
wooohoo:yesyes:
many congratulations on such an amazing achievment:yesyes:

:bighug1:

prism

Insomniac
13-08-07, 21:41
Thanks Prism,

Wow, what a BIG hug!

:yesyes:

honeybee3939
13-08-07, 21:44
Hi Lisa

So pleased to hear you had such a lovely holiday, and lots of achievements too. When i first saw your post it reminded me of the "sound of music" song "Climb every mountain!"
I hope you sang it when you reached the top.lol
Joking apart i thinks its a brilliant achievement, you should be so proud of yourself !! WELL DONE !:yesyes:

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

jill
13-08-07, 22:18
Ohhhh I think this thread NEEDS to be moved, you have done great and it NEEDS to be in the success story, DEFO a success :yesyes: :yesyes:

You have shown other suffers that any mountain, no matter how high, CAN be climbed. Panic, anxiety are high mountains, you can climb them, get to the top and conquor it and stand there like Rocky, shaking your arms in the air, ohh did you do that when you got to the top LOL

You have done great, be proud of yourself, think long and hard about this BIG achievment, WELL DONE :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

take care

LOVE JILLXXX

groovygranny
13-08-07, 22:28
Wow Lisa!

I agree with Jill so took her advice and moved this thread - so very much a success !!

WELL DONE and so glad you enjoyed your holiday.......cows? my fear of cows is legendary - and I'm a country girl lol !!

http://glittertexten.animaatjes.nl/img/WOOHOO257E14_20316_www-animaatjes-nl.gif

:hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

Insomniac
13-08-07, 22:37
I knew I forgot something... but if I sang it would have scared the cows!!:ohmy:

I wasn't sure where to post it, because it started as anxiety about going away, but yes, it is a success. Thanks for all your support!

Love n hugs.
:flowers:

kazzie
13-08-07, 22:44
WOW LISA:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Well done you:yesyes:

And a big poke in the eye to mr anxiety lol:D

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

clickaway
13-08-07, 22:44
Of course its a success Lisa. A huge one! :yesyes:

My legs got tired and achey just by walking near Tower Bridge the other day, and I think I'm gonna collapse even when I face a gentle slope LOL!

I'd love to achieve what you have achieved hun - you give the rest of us so much hope. :flowers:

:hugs:

Insomniac
15-08-07, 11:31
hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

Some things are still amazingly scary, but I am so pleased that I can share positive news with you all, and that there are many things I CAN do this year!:emot-dance:

Mainly thanks to advice and support from you guys here... :wub:

manmoor
15-08-07, 14:07
Aww Lisa a big well done to you hun :hugs: Keep up that positive attitude :yesyes: xxx

PUGLETMUM
15-08-07, 14:57
:yesyes: way to go lisa!!!!

i am soooooooooooo happy for you that you were brave enough to take the plunge, and you see how one thing led to another because you got a confidence boost?:D and you were able to be happy and enjoy life again:shades:

now all i have to do is learn to take my safe 'aura' thing with me and do things again away from home, but i know that it can only be done by ourselves, so well done to you and keep up the good work.

Lindalou64
15-08-07, 18:45
good job lisa..........i use to love to camp and hike havent been in awile for other reason but im happy for ya keep up the good work..........linda xx

nomorepanic
17-08-07, 19:23
Lisa

Well done and what fab progress :yesyes: :yesyes:

Insomniac
18-08-07, 21:06
:cloud9:

Thank you all SO MUCH for
your lovely replies and support!!

:bighug1:
XXXXX