PDA

View Full Version : Progesterone pill and mood swings

mirry
14-08-07, 09:36
Hi every one , Ive been tearful alot since May 07, couldnt understand why I got so bad ? But then I realised that was when I started my progesterone pill :ohmy:.

Read the leaflet and it says it can cause depression :mad: , so checked up online and it seems to be common.

Any comments appreciated :flowers:

Blackstar
14-08-07, 11:47
Hi mirry,

I know exactly what you're going through - I was put on similar pills to help control my irregular periods (with limited success), and they do make me feel pretty low. They also cause dizziness and headaches sometimes, which isn't very nice. Perhaps the best thing would be to talk to your doctor if you're finding the tablets disagree with you? There might be a different type that would suit you better.

Incidentally, have you had any spotting while on these pills? I have and it's quite worrying...!

Good luck! :)

Anna. x

mirry
14-08-07, 12:26
Hi Anna,

At first they put me on cerazette and that made my stomach bloat outwards and I had constant spotting. So then they put me on Micronor past 3 months and Ive been very emotional and depressed, much more than usual.
So Ive stopped taking it the past 2 days and will see what happens , fingers crossed.

take care

Blackstar
14-08-07, 12:46
Hi again!

Thanks for your reply - it's interesting how different tablets can affect is in such different ways. :huh:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that things get better soon. :)

x