PDA

View Full Version : help going crazy

mj9
04-08-18, 11:18
hey its the first time i post in this site even though I've been using it to get some comfort since I've been dealing with anxiety issues since i was 14.. my problem is that whatever happens to me Im afraid its going to be permanent.. for years i had fears of HIV and hepatitis and now it has shifted to cancer.. recently i had an episode of acid reflux because of anxiety and stress and i have gone into the fear that it would not go away and for 3 days now i have constant burning in my stomach and i keep reading that it might turn into Barrett esophagus and will eventually become cancer, the burning goes away when i get distracted for a while but as soon as i remember its like BAM here we go. plz help me im going crazy

venusbluejeans
04-08-18, 11:25
To be honest you seem to have worked out that your problem is in fact anxiety rather than anything medically serious which is a good thing.

Keep trying with the distraction and if you are worried head to the drs and hopefully that would put your mind at rest little too.

for the acid try some milk, with the leasst fat in it possible, it should help to neutralise it.

and THE most important bit of advice..... Stay away from Dr Google, he is a crock and not your friend.. also the fastest way to convince yourself you are dying :)

And welcome to NMP :)

mj9
04-08-18, 13:31
thax for replying i know dr google makes it bad even more

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Any other suggestions on how to overcome this im pretty sure its anxiety related but would it ever go away

nomorepanic
04-08-18, 13:33
Why not getting something for the acid reflux?