PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting jolted awake

aangel
05-08-18, 09:06
I've been trying to fall asleep since 12. But every time I've dozed off I'm jolted awake and gasping (fearing that something is wrong). I'm supposed get up for work in two hours. I feel so miserable. It's been awhile since I've dealt with sleep issues so I don't know why this happening now.

Kingdawson
05-08-18, 09:24
Hypnic jerks...extremely common (I get them a lot as well). They will pass.

aangel
05-08-18, 09:52
That's good to know. I dread working though. I don't think I've got more than five minutes of sleep.

Kingdawson
05-08-18, 10:57
That's good to know. I dread working though. I don't think I've got more than five minutes of sleep.

It a not even strictly an anxiety thing to be honest.

Mine are just a jerk movement on one of my limbs just before I sleep...happens to a lot of people (apparently 70% of people) but anxiety does make it worse.

pablo0977
09-08-18, 05:39
My wife does this several times every night. She doesn’t even wake up. When I had them for awhile it scared the crap outta me. Happens to everyone but if your anxious it will happen more and you’ll get more anxious. It’s a vicious cycle.

coastgirl
10-08-18, 06:28
This happens to me sometimes. Definitely more often if I'm anxious. It's annoying.

Sometimes I have to just get up, get a snack, get some water, read a little to reset myself if I have adrenaline going.

ballerina
10-08-18, 22:08
I have them too, and it's scary! It happens more often when anxious and isn't dangerous to your health. Saying 'just relax' won't help I know, but hope you take comfort in that it's a normal thing

flatterycat
17-08-18, 09:15
I知 very anxious at the moment and struggling with these.

However what痴 scaring me is that I get the jerks in the mornings as I知 dozing in bed. I fall asleep fairly easily and occasionally get them then, but at the moment I知 getting them every morning as I try to go back to sleep.

Everything I read seems to talk about them as happening before sleep at night.

abby38
17-08-18, 18:21
I suffer the same thing and I hate it. As soon as my bod relaxes and I started to doze I jump up because I cant breathe and it takes me a few seconds to get a breath. It can happen for hours and hours so I get no sleep. I hate bedtime because of it :-(

Andrash
17-08-18, 20:08
I've been trying to fall asleep since 12. But every time I've dozed off I'm jolted awake and gasping (fearing that something is wrong). I'm supposed get up for work in two hours. I feel so miserable. It's been awhile since I've dealt with sleep issues so I don't know why this happening now.

Tried pills?

Kingdawson
17-08-18, 20:15
I知 very anxious at the moment and struggling with these.

However what痴 scaring me is that I get the jerks in the mornings as I知 dozing in bed. I fall asleep fairly easily and occasionally get them then, but at the moment I知 getting them every morning as I try to go back to sleep.

Everything I read seems to talk about them as happening before sleep at night.

Before sleep at night...before sleep in the morning....before sleep in the afternoon. What's the difference? It's all before sleep and it's all normal.