PDA

View Full Version : als fear

berne
05-08-18, 14:59
Hello,
first - sorry for my english.
So like many of you guys, I also have health anxiety. Everything started after stress before knee arthroscopy. I had panic attack in doctor office. At home I started to feel pain and burning sensations in chest-ribs area. Later after one and a half month after stress and anxiety - started pin and needles,electro shoc feeling,buzzy in my leg,cold watter rain drops on my skin,couldn't put leg on leg when I was sitting because legs was going numb really fast.
I had brain MRI,EEG,EKG,SSEP,DUPLEX,BLOOD TEST. everything was fine.Neurology test also was fine. after a few months I started to seeing black spot,floater in left eye. Eye doctor said that is only a fluid and is nothing to worie..
So then I saw that my calf start to twitching.. and after I start to fear about this,everything started to twitch. all muscles. no weaknes or arthropy. but still decide to emg test. so emg needle test was okay,but NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY (NCS) test in my legs(was testing from knee to ankle) showed that nerv signal is too slow for my age,i am 32. neurolog said that he don't know why,but he is sure this is not als. he didint said nothing more,only at home I was googling about ncv test and saw that arthritis and herniated disc can affect nerv speed.
and I have arthrose in my ankles and I had many ankle injurys, also I have herniated disc in my lower back... so my my question is - can because of this nerv speed is slow in boths legs?
after this stress I was feeling crazy muscle tenssion in my legs for 24hrs. now twitching in calfs is really bad,also sometimes in arms,chest,fingers,neck,buttock,.. I'm twitching about for about 7months.

Fishmanpa
05-08-18, 16:01
READ THIS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts

Kingdawson
05-08-18, 16:32
Hello,
first - sorry for my english.
So like many of you guys, I also have health anxiety. Everything started after stress before knee arthroscopy. I had panic attack in doctor office. At home I started to feel pain and burning sensations in chest-ribs area. Later after one and a half month after stress and anxiety - started pin and needles,electro shoc feeling,buzzy in my leg,cold watter rain drops on my skin,couldn't put leg on leg when I was sitting because legs was going numb really fast.
I had brain MRI,EEG,EKG,SSEP,DUPLEX,BLOOD TEST. everything was fine.Neurology test also was fine. after a few months I started to seeing black spot,floater in left eye. Eye doctor said that is only a fluid and is nothing to worie..
So then I saw that my calf start to twitching.. and after I start to fear about this,everything started to twitch. all muscles. no weaknes or arthropy. but still decide to emg test. so emg needle test was okay,but NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY (NCS) test in my legs(was testing from knee to ankle) showed that nerv signal is too slow for my age,i am 32. neurolog said that he don't know why,but he is sure this is not als. he didint said nothing more,only at home I was googling about ncv test and saw that arthritis and herniated disc can affect nerv speed.
and I have arthrose in my ankles and I had many ankle injurys, also I have herniated disc in my lower back... so my my question is - can because of this nerv speed is slow in boths legs?
after this stress I was feeling crazy muscle tenssion in my legs for 24hrs. now twitching in calfs is really bad,also sometimes in arms,chest,fingers,neck,buttock,.. I'm twitching about for about 7months.
Twitching for 7 months without weakness and/or atrophy means no ALS. You are fine.

berne
06-08-18, 06:42
Any advice how to stop muscle twitches? Joga,relax breathing? It's a lot in YouTube but maybe anyone have experience with this and knows what is really working? I also have pulse/tingling feeling in my neck,throat,back when I'm sleeping..

pablo0977
09-08-18, 05:48
You don’t need to stop the twitching. You need to stop letting it bother you. People that have BFS have reported twitching for 20 years. It will get better when you stop worrying but it may never completely go away. I have been twitching for 18 months. Just like you, no weakness or atrophy. Check out aboutbfs.com . They stopped accepting new members but there are about 10 years worth of threads just like yours.

berne
09-08-18, 20:18
Twitching now is kinda normal for me. But what's really bothering is that legs getting numb really fast,can't put leg on leg.. after 1min it getting numb. And also "running ants" feeling in feet. This is killing me when I'm trying to watch tv or just relax. Not always,after stress or when I'm tired it always getting worse.

Andrash
09-08-18, 20:36
Twitching now is kinda normal for me. But what's really bothering is that legs getting numb really fast,can't put leg on leg.. after 1min it getting numb. And also "running ants" feeling in feet. This is killing me when I'm trying to watch tv or just relax. Not always,after stress or when I'm tired it always getting worse.

Exercise (running is best for that) regularly and eat a lot of bananas and other potassium rich food. It will improve your blood circulation which, in turn, will reduce numbness and "antsy" feeling.

berne
10-08-18, 06:22
And potassium tablets helps too?

berne
12-08-18, 08:57
Update. I was working all week a lot and doing a lot of sports. Last few days was sleeping only 5 hrs. Was really tired and a little bit stressed. So on Saturday I had really strong muscle twitches in my calves and running ants in foot. Cold spots like pin and needles but just cold,all over my body..Also itchy feeling in head and pain in ribs area came back. So not sure what does it means.. so many diferen things in one time.

BazB44
12-08-18, 13:38
lately its been the calves for me too. Calves seem to be a hot spot for many people. I remember last year getting the "somewhat" cramp in my calves, where it feels like your calf is about to cramp up but doesn't. Oh man that scared me to death.

berne
12-08-18, 16:02
And how you feeling right now? Still twitching?

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

lately its been the calves for me too. Calves seem to be a hot spot for many people. I remember last year getting the "somewhat" cramp in my calves, where it feels like your calf is about to cramp up but doesn't. Oh man that scared me to death.
I had that cramp feeling too,ones it was for all day.. now it comes for like a minute or few seconds but not every day. Good think that many people had them, and we know that is only anxiety.